Phone for wife advice

Soldato
Hi all

My wife needs a new phone, I own a Poco X3 pro and it's been excellent, still very fast etc after over 2 years.
So ideally I'd like something in the £200 to £250 budget range that is going to last her a few years like mine has.

Her usage is mainly browsing and the odd photograph. So the ability to handle multi tasking and an acceptable camera would be great.

My short list is as follows:

Redmi note 12 pro 5G 6GB 128Gb £204
Motorola Edge 40 neo £240 (unidays)
Motorola g84 £199.99 (unidays)

Both Motorola's seem to have plenty of memory which is a bonus.
I see the Poco X5 pro is around £270, but would prefer not too unless it is unanimously worth it.

Any others to consider? Which would you recommend?
Thanks all

Associate
Samsung A34 currently on offer 6gb/128gb, and a long update life. £199 on the Samsung site (for the Enterprise Edition). The 8gb/256gb is £249 from the usual suspects (if you can find it in stock, it seems to have gone OOS on Amazon since deals for it were posted on HUKD but is still available in other places).

Got one myself recently. Good phone imo if you aren't after a flagship device.

Edit - if your employer has an EPP with Samsung you can get it even cheaper (I think it is also on Unidays as well).

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Thanks. Checked out the A34 and was very tempted. Seems a good phone for the money.

Through my hunting for information I found a website called nanoreview, that was really helpful. Ended up with the Edge 40 Neo through unidays for £240. 12GB memory, 255GB storage, fast charging, waterproof ect etc. Seems like a decent phone. See what it is like when it arrives!

Soldato
Thanks. Checked out the A34 and was very tempted. Seems a good phone for the money.

Through my hunting for information I found a website called nanoreview, that was really helpful. Ended up with the Edge 40 Neo through unidays for £240. 12GB memory, 255GB storage, fast charging, waterproof ect etc. Seems like a decent phone. See what it is like when it arrives!

Was it direct with Unidays/motorola you got a discount? I've been looking at the same phone and just wondering.

Back
Top Bottom