Phone interview for my dream job.... HELP!!!

Associate
As above, I have a phone interview for a job I would love to get.

It's got a few bad points for sure, like I would have to move to another part of the UK and it's officially only for 6 months. But I have no ties where I live currently and the company is growing so there's a good chance it will lead to a permanent role.

But I haven't had an interview for over 6 years and I need help with what sort of things I'll be asked and more importantly what to ask the interviewer. The company and the directors themselves seem really nice and laid back, so it's more about me fitting in with them and the company than skills or experience i think.

Any advice or word of encouragement?

Thanks,

J.

Associate
Phone interviews are usually just a screening stage to check if you match what your CV says and get a general idea of who you are.
Hard and technical questions are usually limited but know your CV inside out. Have a list of your experience and examples of things you've done well and how you've handled tough situations.
Read up about the business.
Be able to say why you've applied for for the role and why you want to work for them.
Be friendly and confident. I tend to spend an hour before the interview reading the job application and saying answers aloud for each line in it for how I demonstrate that skill or behaviour.

They're really not anything to worry about. If you know your stuff or have prepared enough if it's something new then you'll be fine.

Associate
OP
Well had the call, I felt I came across **** :(. But I answered their questions and I hope I've done enough to get another chance with a face to face meeting.

Thanks for your advice everyone, It did help with the prep but I suck at interviews, lol.

J.

Back
Top Bottom