Phone number for steam?

Soldato
Wel it seems someones changed my email assress and password.

I want to conract customer support but it either needs me to login which i cant or it will send an email to the regustered address, tried that and it wasnt mine, never got an email

Is there a phone number for steam?

Soldato
Wel it seems someones changed my email assress and password.

I want to conract customer support but it either needs me to login which i cant or it will send an email to the regustered address, tried that and it wasnt mine, never got an email

Is there a phone number for steam?

This happedned to me on Friday morning, Contact steam support by registering a diffrent email address and then clik on add a question,

I had it resolved on Saturday night, PS no phone number for steam

Soldato
OP
This happedned to me on Friday morning, Contact steam support by registering a diffrent email address and then clik on add a question,

I had it resolved on Saturday night, PS no phone number for steam

Saw that i didnt notice it said create a support account. As for proofs of purchase the only thing i purchased recently weas the xcom pack. Most other things were promo copies of games like batman

Soldato
How did you pay for the game?

If by credit card givet hem last 4 number of card and start/end date and the purchase order number you would have got when you bought the game,

If paypal geive them that stuff
You wiont lose you games as I got all mine back including steam and retail purchases,

Good luck and get the PC scanned for malware keyloggers etc

Soldato
OP
How did you pay for the game?

If by credit card givet hem last 4 number of card and start/end date and the purchase order number you would have got when you bought the game,

If paypal geive them that stuff
You wiont lose you games as I got all mine back including steam and retail purchases,

Good luck and get the PC scanned for malware keyloggers etc

Yeah i told them the last game i bought and gave them the last 4 digits on my card.

Soldato
I haven't had access to Steam for many many months, and about a year and half before that. After I reset my password, to even be able to reset it, it asks for the password that it was last reset to. You know the AUTO GENERATED one from steam *SIGH*. It seems I didn't keep that particular email so I can't reset it!!! I sent emails to two different support email accounts and both emails bounced.

Why the hell should I even use steam if I can't access it? I have TF2 (which i enjoy, but didn't play as steam was playing up), HL2, every single episode, and other games I want to play like L4D but wouldn't be able to.

There is no way I will create another account in case it happens again. Sick of this. Will be looking at that link from above though, and hope the autodrones (just like paypal!!) actually turn out to be a sentient being and not a machine.

Man of Honour
I haven't had access to Steam for many many months, and about a year and half before that. After I reset my password, to even be able to reset it, it asks for the password that it was last reset to. You know the AUTO GENERATED one from steam *SIGH*. It seems I didn't keep that particular email so I can't reset it!!! I sent emails to two different support email accounts and both emails bounced.

Why the hell should I even use steam if I can't access it? I have TF2 (which i enjoy, but didn't play as steam was playing up), HL2, every single episode, and other games I want to play like L4D but wouldn't be able to.

There is no way I will create another account in case it happens again. Sick of this. Will be looking at that link from above though, and hope the autodrones (just like paypal!!) actually turn out to be a sentient being and not a machine.

It's not really their fault that you've lost your password...and lost the new temporary password that they emailed you.

Soldato
Also, verify your account. That way people won't be able to change your steam password without having access to your email account as well. Good luck getting it back, though.

Associate
Also, verify your account. That way people won't be able to change your steam password without having access to your email account as well. Good luck getting it back, though.

That, verifying your email address is essential. They then need a code thats only sent to that email to be able to change it.

Soldato
It's not really their fault that you've lost your password...and lost the new temporary password that they emailed you.

You have misread.

I have not lost the temporary password. I reset, get the new password, get in, CHANGE THE PASSWORD and all would be working dandy. Then randomly, new password isn't working, so have to reset. Get's email, and then rather than ask "what's your favorite pron stars name/colour/first pet/film etc", it asked, what was the last AUTO GENERATED password we sent to you?

Seriously, do you actually keep the auto-gen'd passwords once you have changed them? I incidently have kept every single email from steam because I didn't trust them, except for this one where it went wrong it seems, and I appear unable to contact them via normal channels. (It really shouldn't be that hard!!)

Hopefully I can resolve it with the link given above, but thank you so much for being condescending!

p.s. I know my own password, it just refuses to bloody work, hence why I have to keep reseting my account and getting a new one, to change it back to the one I had before.

Man of Honour
You have misread.

I have not lost the temporary password. I reset, get the new password, get in, CHANGE THE PASSWORD and all would be working dandy. Then randomly, new password isn't working, so have to reset. Get's email, and then rather than ask "what's your favorite pron stars name/colour/first pet/film etc", it asked, what was the last AUTO GENERATED password we sent to you?

Seriously, do you actually keep the auto-gen'd passwords once you have changed them? I incidently have kept every single email from steam because I didn't trust them, except for this one where it went wrong it seems, and I appear unable to contact them via normal channels. (It really shouldn't be that hard!!)

Hopefully I can resolve it with the link given above, but thank you so much for being condescending!

p.s. I know my own password, it just refuses to bloody work, hence why I have to keep reseting my account and getting a new one, to change it back to the one I had before.

Hmm...okay I guess.

In re to keeping emails - I don't bother deleting them unless they have giant attachments. I've got most of my emails dating back about ten years in gmail (multiple addresses) and I'm using less than 10% of the maximum space.

Caporegime
It's also not a bad idea to have 2-3 Steam accounts. So if one gets compromised, you're not (usually) up the swanny. It's what I've started to do so that also whenever you get a free game or something from a purchase, you can just gift it to another of your accounts. I don't think it's a breach of the T&Cs to have multiple Steam accounts. :D Plus if you somehow get VACd with one account, you'll be OK with another.

Back
Top Bottom