Photo editing, organising, publishing (Facebook etc)

Caporegime
So it's been a while since I've done photography.

I used to use LR5
I always found it clunky. But now I found my favourite feature, auto publish to Facebook, is dead I don't see any reason to carry on using it.

So seems like FB blocked all publishing to it from 3rd parties.

So what do you guys use?
One of the reasons I gave up photography was I just spent so long in LR and never really got anywhere. But my Samsung phone 'auto' is basically good enough.

Is there a quick and easy photo editing software and organising that won't eat all my time up?

Also, what do you use to publish to FB etc

Just seen the price of Adobe creative cloud. £10pm? I'm not paying that.

Soldato
Maybe Snapseed for quick editing? I use Lightroom but ocassionally use Snapseed on my phone and it has a reasonable amount of editing tools. My Snapseed shows sharing with Facebook News Feed and 'Your Story'.

Caporegime
OP
Maybe Snapseed for quick editing? I use Lightroom but ocassionally use Snapseed on my phone and it has a reasonable amount of editing tools. My Snapseed shows sharing with Facebook News Feed and 'Your Story'.

I need something desktop based.
If it doesn't upload to Facebook I'll just find another image platform for hosting.

It's mainly the editing dslr pics that holds me back

Associate
Sorry was confused, you mentioned your Samsung phone shots were good enough in your post so assumed you were using that.

I haven't used Facebook for years and binned it off long ago, but when I did it was junk for hosting photos - the compression was terrible. What exactly do you need to do with these photos? Is this for client work? Displaying photos to your friends? etc.

Caporegime
OP
Sorry was confused, you mentioned your Samsung phone shots were good enough in your post so assumed you were using that.

I haven't used Facebook for years and binned it off long ago, but when I did it was junk for hosting photos - the compression was terrible. What exactly do you need to do with these photos? Is this for client work? Displaying photos to your friends? etc.

Just friends, personal stuff. Digital photo frame background.

It's not a job. Thus I don't want to fork out for a subscription to LR.

Agree. Facebook compression is pretty terrible

Back
Top Bottom