Photo touchup help

Associate
Hi,

I have this image that i personally like, and am thinking of getting it printed large from photobox (30" x 20" )

Does anyone here think i can make it look a little better by doing some photoshop work or add filters to it ?

Also is 30x20 inch a good idea for this image resolution?

Thanks allot :)

Last edited:
Associate
Hi, i took the liberty of doing a little myself.

I high pass sharpened it, noise removal and cloned out the red lens flare in the middle.

Here is what i did. If you want it, let me know an email address and ill send you the image via attachment. either way ill delete the image stored locally.

[Image removed]

Woodsy :)

EDIT: Someone will prob do a better job than me anyway, but the offer still stands

Last edited:
Man of Honour
1st link doesn't work :(

Second one is fine, nice shot btw. 1280 * 1024 is too small really for a 20*30 print, it's only a shade over 40dpi, ideally you want 254dpi for Photobox. There's not that much fine detail in the image though so you'll probably get away with enlarging it a reasonable amount, there's a trial of Genuine Fractals available which is probably the best enlarging tool out there. As well as that I would investigate some noise reduction plugins, I would run it through Neat Image or the like before you enlarge it.

Associate
RPStewart, I just viewed your gallery, and although off topic, i really like your work. Just thought I'd let you know. :)

Last edited:
Associate
Photos are on their way via email mate.

OOOOo like the third sunset one, from behind the clouds. Very nice.

EDIT: I ran noise removal on PSP X but you might want to try using something else as well on those shots that i have sent, as rpstewart said, just to see if they can be improved upon. :)

Back
Top Bottom