Photos of Stefan GP's 2010 car that never raced

Man of Honour
image1bmb.jpg

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2011/01/05/the-missing-f1-car-of-2010-stefan-gps-toyota-tf110/

Hard to say how well they would have done, but they had the blown exhaust ready as an upgrade so could have been quite competitive. Well, at least better than HRT :D

Soldato
one car with no spares and a company with a few k turnover. Might be technically ok but from a buisness point of view never had a chance of hitting the track

Man of Honour
one car with no spares and a company with a few k turnover. Might be technically ok but from a buisness point of view never had a chance of hitting the track

Stefan would have taken ownership of the IP of the design, as required by the Concorde Agreement. But Toyota would have been the technical partner and would have made anything required. Same as the deal with HRT that went bum over boob.

The photo's there show car TF-110-3 - so thats the 3rd chassis. One would have been used in the crash testing, pushed to the limits so extremely unlikely to be used in a race car for safety reasons. This car ran, there is another chassis in a partially assembled state iirc.

Such a shame that Stefan GP was involved and that HRT couldn't pay Toyota on time, so Toyota ended the deal a few weeks ago.

Would have been interesting to see how it compared, given that it had an EBD lined up as part of the early season upgrade for the 1st race.

Caporegime
Im calling BS again.

If you were ready to race at the start of 2010, howcome the first pictures of your car arrive January 2011?

I think the whole Stefan GP thing, while their heart was in the right place, never stood a chance. Most teams indicate their intentions to race by showing off their car and announcing some drivers... not putting a scan of a shipping slip for a container up on their website.

Man of Honour
OP
It was used in testing months ago though (although obviously don't know if it was ready at the start of the season or not).

Soldato
Stefan would have taken ownership of the IP of the design, as required by the Concorde Agreement. But Toyota would have been the technical partner and would have made anything required. Same as the deal with HRT that went bum over boob.

The photo's there show car TF-110-3 - so thats the 3rd chassis. One would have been used in the crash testing, pushed to the limits so extremely unlikely to be used in a race car for safety reasons. This car ran, there is another chassis in a partially assembled state iirc.

Such a shame that Stefan GP was involved and that HRT couldn't pay Toyota on time, so Toyota ended the deal a few weeks ago.

Would have been interesting to see how it compared, given that it had an EBD lined up as part of the early season upgrade for the 1st race.

Intereesting you said that - I could have sworn one of the leading teams (RB?) used a chassis for a race in the last couple of years that HAD been used for crash testing!!! ( I think a chassis was written off in practice/quali which led to the requirement Im not sure)

Maybe I imagined it but as soon as I read your statement that thought occured :)

Back
Top Bottom