Photoshop cropping my photos when printing?

Associate
Hi all I'm having a werid problem when printing my photos through photoshop.

Printer = epsonR200.

I select border less printing and fill to page. However when I print them I lose about 5mm on a A4 print around the edges. I only noticed this when I cut a picture in half and printed each half on borderless fit to page, with the intention of putting both halves next to each other.

Anyone experiencing this problem? Do I need to set up my printer in photoshop or something, like a profile?

Cheers

CHris.

Soldato
Is your printer able to print right up to the edge of the paper? I dont know anything about your printer, but i thought most home printers couldnt?

Associate
I dont have one of these printers but I should imagine to obtain boarderless prints the image will need to 'bleed' off the page to ensure the image area completely fills the page. i.e. the image will be slightly bigger than the page size to ensure no white appears due to slight inconsistancies of page size and movement in the document feeder.

Associate
OP
RE Mohain.

That sounds possible actually. Perhaps I'll make a page with some sort of ruler on it, and see exactly what amount gets cropped.

Worth a go I guess.

Then I'll be able to account for this on my next print.

Associate
OP
Colin_da_Killer said:
I have a canon ip4300 and I have the same problem. I'm pretty sure it's due to the size ratio (width and height) of a camera image compared to the size ratio of an A4 piece of paper, they aren't the same size.

It shouldn't be that, as I resize the images specifically to make sure they are the correct aspect ratio. ;)

You need to set a bleed.

During my HND I was told to add something like 3mm offset bleed for borderless printing.

I had to make this adjustment to all my designed leaflets n books.

Always print an offprint since you cant rely on printer head and feed acuracy.

Back
Top Bottom