Photoshop request please!

Sgarrista
Commissario
Our local council is pressing on with some hugely damaging works to the main Bromsgrove bypass, despite massive opposition from the residents.

Part one was the pointless felling of ~300 trees (first picture) to widen the junction at the island far in the distance.

Part 2, is going to continue that destruction on the other end of this road, on the second picture as far as the picture goes into the distance (yes, really).

could someone photoshop the destruction in the first photo into the second one all the way down. A lot of people in the area really dont understand the scale of the works, so getting a good photoshop might really put it into perspective.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Soldato
circus.jpg

Sgarrista
Commissario
OP

Which is all well and good, except BREP isnt going to provide the claimed benefits. All its doing is wasting £50M to move the congestion points from one part of the road to another.

But also, when the proposals were sent out, the tree felling was going to be "limited". Instead they hid it behind "earthworks" as they knew if they actually told people up front how many of them were going to be removed, it would have been heavily objected to.

Man of Honour
This felling of trees needs to stop. Trees not only suck up Co2 but they are home to a diverse amount of wildlife too. Just across from us a couple of years ago a couple bought a big house which came with a parcel of land that had a small wood (couple of hundred trees) in it. We used to hear Owls, Woodpeckers and have a wide range of birds visiting our gardens including Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Chaffinches even Pheasants then there were squirrels that also came visiting. The first thing they did when they bought the house was to fell every tree. Since then I haven't heard a single owl or woodpecker and about the only birds we see now are starlings, crows and jackdaws. I can't even remember the last time I saw a squirrel. On top of that a chap down the road owns a narrow strip of wooded land that sits between the lane below us and the main A95 and he has cut most of the trees down in a attempt to sell the land as a possible building plot. It's bad enough with the widescale logging going on up here leaving the land looking like a bomb site and a eyesore without local landowners chopping down woods for profit. We should be planting trees not chopping them down.

Caporegime
This felling of trees needs to stop. Trees not only suck up Co2 but they are home to a diverse amount of wildlife too. Just across from us a couple of years ago a couple bought a big house which came with a parcel of land that had a small wood (couple of hundred trees) in it. We used to hear Owls, Woodpeckers and have a wide range of birds visiting our gardens including Goldfinches, Greenfinches, Chaffinches even Pheasants then there were squirrels that also came visiting. The first thing they did when they bought the house was to fell every tree. Since then I haven't heard a single owl or woodpecker and about the only birds we see now are starlings, crows and jackdaws. I can't even remember the last time I saw a squirrel. On top of that a chap down the road owns a narrow strip of wooded land that sits between the lane below us and the main A95 and he has cut most of the trees down in a attempt to sell the land as a possible building plot. It's bad enough with the widescale logging going on up here leaving the land looking like a bomb site and a eyesore without local landowners chopping down woods for profit. We should be planting trees not chopping them down.
They also soak up a lot of ground water. Lack of trees is what's adding to increased flooding.

Soldato
The A59 up here has collapsed after they cut down a few thousand trees and its now shut for a year. Would not recommend cutting trees down next to a road. Bad idea and huge waste of monies.

The council claims they only cut down 300 trees and it was already collapsing but the tree huggers say they've cut down 22,000. I personally counted all the trees at it came to 5338. So they are both wrong. Either way the road has fallen down. Where the soil has been eroded away.

I hope they don't cut down any more trees where you are.

Back
Top Bottom