Pi self hosting problem seeking help/advice

Associate
Please be gentle with me am 63 and a novice to Rpi's

So i have a pi 3b+ for the sole purpose of self hosting valutwarden.

The issue is this:- Everything works fine if my pi is connected direct to my router which is fine but not ideal, so i decided to change things around (when the wife was at work :)) drill a couple of holes
re position my 5 port gigabit switch and plug the pi into that, job done so i thought. Not on your life can i work out what is wrong or i am doing wrong.
If the pi is plugged into the switch and i go to navigate to my selfhosted vault nothing loads i get an "about:blank"page attempt to load and this eventually times out, but as soon as i plug
the pi direct into the back of the router my selfhosted vaultwarden works as it should.

I have docker, portainer and nginx and vaultwarden all installed on the pi and i can access the settings panels of portainer and nginx when plugged into the switch via the hostip:9000 / 81
i can see the vaultwarden login screen over http when plugged into the switch, as soon as i try to access vaultwarden via nginx proxy when connected to the switch it fails, from the router its fine

What i would like is help/idea's of how to get this to work when plugged into the switch.

many thanks in advance

Back
Top Bottom