1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Picked up something new - and it's not British!

Discussion in 'Motors' started by mattyprice4004, Apr 7, 2017.

1. mattyprice4004

Soldato

I looked at a few and none had cruise control.
    No need to be a ****

2. ShiWarrior

Capodecina

why didnt you get something British then ?

nice Mazda :)

3. Diagro

Sgarrista

I haven't spent silly money.
    I stuck MPs alloys and a spoiler on it -.-

The other mods were done in an attempt to fix a steering issue and engine issue.

4. Skyboat

Mobster

At £500 tax you'd expect that to be the case! To some people that £30/month saved can be put to better use.

5. [SKR]Phoenix

Wise Guy

Gen 2s are only £300 a year. :D

6. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Cracking price tbh, too many people are still asking too much for these, almost mk2 money. Don't get me started on the people asking 10/12k for the mk2's either hahahha.

Yeah those alloys are stock, look like they've been returned a darker grey tho.

High mileage does put additional concern on the timing chain and turbo seals. If it's running fine I'd change up a grade of oil on next service and whack a restrictor bolt on the turbo.

Saying that it is a 57plate, the weak component was the vvt actuator but this was changed in later cars, I'm not actually sure if there's any way of telling tbh. As long as there no rattle on cold start should be fine just watch a couple YouTube vids so you know what to listen for.

It's a shame they didn't continue the cosmic blue on the mk2's my fave colour for mk1.

7. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

I had a look at the cx7 that uses the same 2.3 engine, unfortunately none of them slipped into the cheaper bracket like the mk2's :(

8. helsey

Associate

About €1209 to tax that here in Ireland. Seriously it is that expensive. We have the green party to thank for their silly c02 system.

9. Skyboat

Mobster

Fair enough I did notice that before, compared to the Gen 1s. Seems a lot more reasonable. Why do we have such idiotic car tax laws in this country? :confused:

10. grudas

Capodecina

What are your insurance prices like?

11. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

Yeah i sold my silver 6 to a lad from Ireland, he flew over and drove it back but he did comment how harsh the tax was lol

12. ~Divine~Wind~

Underboss

There were changes in i think June 2006, cars made before this managed to stay in the lower tax band. My 6 is a 55 plate and is the 300ish tax, the exact same car i had a year ago, same engine but a late 06 plate was the 500 tax :(. I was hoping the cx7 may have slipped into the lower tax band as fancy something with a bit more room but alas no the changes to the engine to drop it those few emissions lower to get into the lower tax band was the mk2's only

13. [TW]Fox

Man of Honour

They are amongst the most reasonable in all of Europe.

The reason for the difference is that only cars registered after the decision was made are affected by the higher bracket to avoid penalising existing owners. So 23rd March 2006 is the magic date.

14. Hiijinx

Wise Guy

So very, very jealous :p

I wanted an MPS so badly but financially I settled on the next quickest 3 - the 2.2 diesel. Half the fun but also half the cost hehe.

Hope you have fun with it. :)

15. Skyboat

Mobster

I also meant the newer tax bands starting this month too.

16. ck88

Wise Guy

Definitely find out who remapped it. Very finicky and maps from places like BBR and Total-MPS do more harm than good. You'll probably find that with a map from someone like Justin it'll go much better and a lot safer too.

17. Nasher

Capodecina

That is a lot of tax considering a mk2 Focus RS costs around £300 a year, has much more power and an extra cylinder. Did they put straight pipes on it or something? :p

I think that, plus the fact most Mazda dealers didn't actually sell them (because Mazda demanded money from the dealers to do so) is why they are "rare".

18. MichaelAwkward

Mobster

It's only a lot of tax because of the government's arbitrary bandings... it emits just 6g/km more than the mk2 Focus RS.

Aren't they both basically the same 0-60mph?

I suspect the average MPS for sale on AT today is in better condition than the average mk2 Focus RS also.

19. pepsilol

Mobster

lol

20. Rybo89

Capodecina

Deffo a bit different from your usual purchases.

Nice car that matt. Enjoy.