Picking the right radiators for my build

Associate
OP
If there's anything anyone with a custom loop knows is that there isn't such thing as the built being complete. :D
eodkpGm.png
Well the build is a done as it can be for now, still missing a few bits. But im happy with it beeing my first time doing a custom loop.
I need to get som hardline tubing and swap out the runs going from bottom rad into the 90degree and from the flowmonitor to the gpu, but that will have to wait.

Associate
eodkpGm.png
Well the build is a done as it can be for now, still missing a few bits. But im happy with it beeing my first time doing a custom loop.
I need to get som hardline tubing and swap out the runs going from bottom rad into the 90degree and from the flowmonitor to the gpu, but that will have to wait.

Looks fantastic! Almost like faux hard tubing with that nice straight run to the gpu :)

Associate
That was my intention, but the tubing is abit to soft so it bends :\

The little cheat midway is barely noticeable. You couldn't trim and stretch the tubing to get it working without that though? It might be rather hard to get it on the fittings, but those EK compression fittings are a very snug fit so I don't think leaks would be a risk (at least with the Duraclear I used). I've not used the ZMT though so don't know exactly how soft that is. The clear is fairly stiff.

Associate
OP
The little cheat midway is barely noticeable. You couldn't trim and stretch the tubing to get it working without that though? It might be rather hard to get it on the fittings, but those EK compression fittings are a very snug fit so I don't think leaks would be a risk (at least with the Duraclear I used). I've not used the ZMT though so don't know exactly how soft that is. The clear is fairly stiff.
The problem with doing that is that it pulls the vertical tube more to the towards the gpu.

On another note, I got my rgb cable for the waterblock today.. dont know if i like the rgb on this barrow block. Its abit too bright.
Its hard to show with a photo, tried turning all the lights of to show it of.
Gdw4C7a.jpg

Associate
OP
It certainly does dwarf the rest of the lighting in the case! Can you not dim it at all?
Not sure, i cant seem to find any setting for dimming it in armory crate.. but then again.. armory crate recognizes the reservoir, gpu and cpu block as one RGB strip, so if i could dimm it, the gpu and cpu block would be even lower.
I might try to remove the rgb strip next time I take the system apart and see if i can use some paint or something on the LEDs directly.

Associate
Not sure, i cant seem to find any setting for dimming it in armory crate.. but then again.. armory crate recognizes the reservoir, gpu and cpu block as one RGB strip, so if i could dimm it, the gpu and cpu block would be even lower.
I might try to remove the rgb strip next time I take the system apart and see if i can use some paint or something on the LEDs directly.
Have you got aura installed? On some of the modes it has a brightness setting which might help. Not sure what to do about the fact it isn't recognising the devices properly though, are they all connected to a single header?

Associate
OP
Have you got aura installed? On some of the modes it has a brightness setting which might help. Not sure what to do about the fact it isn't recognising the devices properly though, are they all connected to a single header?
No havent tried aura. I Thought armory crate had replaced it. Each unit is connected to its own header.

Associate
OP
So i finnally bought som hardtubing and tried to fix the sagging tubing from the flow monitor into the gpu block.
Used PETG tubing from EKWB and spray painted it matte black (didnt turn out as matte as i wanted though)
Everything went well, except i managed to pull a wire loose from the rgb strip on the gpu block.. wich was a PIA to fix, but now its fixed.

Dont think i will change the setup until the new AMD cpu's come out sometime next year.
hoU1f8b.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom