Pink Floyd - Animals

Caporegime
OP
My favourite track is Pigs three different ones ....the groove is great. I love the joy of waters singing woo! In the the verse verse. You can clearly hear him having a great time singing it.

Oh and that cowbell gets me every time :)

Soldato
My favourite track is Pigs three different ones ....the groove is great. I love the joy of waters singing woo! In the the verse verse. You can clearly hear him having a great time singing it.

Oh and that cowbell gets me every time :)

The way waters almost sneers sarcastically is great. And the dirty pig noises :p Lyrically excellent too. It's every bit as good as dark side and wish you were here for me.

Man of Honour
I do like it but it's not my favourite. Great concept, mostly great lyrics. Sheep is a bit weak and I tend to skip it. Has a couple of tedious 'jam' / instrumental sections than interrupts the tunes (i.e. that tedious keyboard section in dogs and the instrumental section in pigs... and I actually think the harmonised guitar sections in dogs should have been cut too).

Wall > all!

Caporegime
OP
I do like it but it's not my favourite. Great concept, mostly great lyrics. Sheep is a bit weak and I tend to skip it. Has a couple of tedious 'jam' / instrumental sections than interrupts the tunes (i.e. that tedious keyboard section in dogs and the instrumental section in pigs... and I actually think the harmonised guitar sections in dogs should have been cut too).

Wall > all!

I love the instrumental sections...the drum fill and then drone at around 4.40 in pigs is class

Man of Honour
I love the instrumental sections...the drum fill and then drone at around 4.40 in pigs is class
Do you like Atom Heart Mother (the song)? I love that... love the jam in the middle before the voices come back with "rapatika! etc" :) I also love Echoes. For some reason the jams on Animals feel like filler to me. I guess it's because in my view the lyrics outshine them. :)

Caporegime
OP
Do you like Atom Heart Mother (the song)? I love that... love the jam in the middle before the voices come back with "rapatika! etc" :) I also love Echoes. For some reason the jams on Animals feel like filler to me. I guess it's because in my view the lyrics outshine them. :)

The guitar solos in pigs and in dogs are more sophisticated and experimental than AHM...but love it all the same...:)

Gilmour loves the blues pentatonic as do I but on animals he shifts up a gear in phrasing.

Btw...one of my favourite solos by Gilmour is cultural cliche ...comfortably numb is blues pentatonic mostly...:) but it hits the spot :)

Soldato
Listened to it again after this thread, and yea there are some very good parts, but it's not my favourite by a long chalk

The Wall
DSotM
Wish You Were Here

I'd all rate higher in my personal opinion

Caporegime
Amazing album. One of the things I love about these sorts of works is that they send me on my own journey, especially the longer tracks like Dogs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom