Pinnacle Sudio 9 Problem

Associate
I've been trying my hand at DVD authoring using Pinnacle Studio 9 but with less than desirable results.

So, here's the story....

I've got a bunch of AVI files I want to put onto a DVD which can be plyed on any home DVD player with a fancy menu so each AVI can be selected individually.

I had a couple of trial runs to see how far I could get before doing anything too creative such as custom titles, background music and all that jazz.

For my first attempt I set up a basic default menu linking to 3 AVI files and a vast number of hours later the program produced a DVD. All seemed rosy and I was feeling very pleased but towards the end of each file the picture stops moving but the sound carries on to the end. Tried the disc in several different DVD players but the same thing happens.

I had a second attempt with just the one AVI file, but, you guessed it, the same thing happens.

The program is patched to the latest version.

Any ideas what's going wrong?

I've used Pinnacle 9 for years now with no problems .I normally work with the captured avi's directly from the camcorder .Do your avi's play in any movie player without any problems ?? ie WindowsMediaPlayer ,PowerDVD etc.Are they captured files or files from the net ??

rickyt said:
I've used Pinnacle 9 for years now with no problems .I normally work with the captured avi's directly from the camcorder .Do your avi's play in any movie player without any problems ?? ie WindowsMediaPlayer ,PowerDVD etc.Are they captured files or files from the net ??

All files work perfectly in Windows Media Player. The files I was working with are all captured files.

How big are the files ?? .My captured files are normally 12/13 gig per hour . You need lots of RAM to work with multiple file of this size.Whats you PC spec ?? . I started off with my editing on a 1.4gig AMD , no problems but I normally work with 1 file . I've now upgraded to 2.8 Semprons just for my editing.

Back
Top Bottom