Pinot Grigio

Permabanned
So there is some really nice Pinot Grigio half price at Tesco.

I know Pinot Grigio is generally not considered a 'good' wine, but this is the Veneto variety from believe it or not the Veneto region in North East Italy, which is said to be one of the best pinot grigio's :)

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddrink/wine/3341285/Wine-Pinot-Grigio---bad-Or-misunderstood.html said:
THE BEST PINOT GRIGIOS

• ITALY

The Italians have to own up to producing much of the dullest Pinot Grigio in the supermarkets - in truth, there are few under £6 or £7 that merit much attention. But they also produce some of the best examples in the Veneto, Friuli and above all (quite literally) in Alto Adige in the foothills of the Alps. This is the part of Italy that comes in lederhosen, munching a bratwurst, but the lean, crisp wines haven't an ounce of fat on them. They're quintessential mountain wines and the perfect choice if ever there really is a fondue renaissance.

At £3.99 a bottle it's a steal :)

mjt

mjt

Soldato
£4 pino grigio.. rather you than me :)

although if you just want it for getting drunk i'm sure it'll do the trick :p

mjt

mjt

Soldato
i apologise, i missed that. still probably tastes like arse though :p

bought some rather expensive pino grigio from M&S and that was rather unpleasant

Permabanned
OP
Well, I'm telling you it's nice. I'm not a wine guy normally, however this stuff is really nice!

Seen as you are such a wine expert, what white wines do you recommend, bearing in mind I'm a student, so try to keep it to £6max, this £8 is a rarity for me :D

Man of Honour
It's half price, so normally £8, i said that in the first line.

It's quite a common practice to bump a wine up to that sort of price so you can then sell it at half price (which is closer to what it should be priced at), I don't know if Tesco do that however.

But with all that said I'll take a look next time I'm in if I remember, for that price I don't mind taking a chance to see how good it is. :)

Caporegime
mmm, i'm also wearing a £30 watch :p

11aefio.gif

Associate
There's a great bottle of Chilean Merlot at the Co-Op for £3.50 (half price) which is surprising as cheap reds usually taste like furniture polish...

Associate
I can do cheaper, a little cornershop i know did 5 bottles for £10 of some white wine. I bought it, drunk it, got smashed and thoroughly enjoyed my £10 investment that provided me with a couple evenings of fun.

I was a student at the time.

Back
Top Bottom