Pint of dog please

Don
Von Smallhausen said:
Dog is the slang name for Newcastle Brown Ale, hence it bites.

Other names it goes by re ..

Broon, Newky Broon, Fightin' Wataa, Holy Wataa, Chateau Gallowgate / Chateau Toon.

It's a nice drink but I can't drink it all night. Funny enough, it isn't as nice now as it was when I first started drinking it in the early nineties and my dad used to say it was a far better deink when he was young. It's sadly no longer brewed in Newcastle as the brewery, right next to St James's Park, was shut down and production switched to the Federation Brewery in Gateshead, next to the Metro Centre.

It is mostly sold in 550ml bottles but sometimes you see Bud size bottles although it is rare. It does exist on draught, but I don't enjoy it that way.

I was in california a few weeks ago and Nexcastle was one of the biggest selling drinks out there , they only had it on draught though

Caporegime
When i wert lad, the Indy club i used to go to sold Newcastle brown for 50p a bottle.

Thats the only time i drank it and pretty sure the last, amazing how drunk you can get for just £6 :)

Last edited:
Permabanned
qwerty said:
Badger is the name of a specific beer, like Fosters, Stella etc.

What does "a pint of best" mean?

Close, no cigar.

Badger is a brewery who produce the abso-bloody-lutely fantastic Golden Glory beer along with several fine others.

*n

Associate
Rotty said:
I was in california a few weeks ago and Nexcastle was one of the biggest selling drinks out there , they only had it on draught though

...and the only bottles you can get over there that I've seen are the 330ml ones. I used to know someone in the USAF who kept trying to persuade me to send over some 550ml bottles.

Man of Honour
Rotty said:

I am impressed :). I think Clint Eastwood started the trend over there as he used to have it shipped over before it was exported to the USA.

Associate
Von Smallhausen said:
I am impressed :). I think Clint Eastwood started the trend over there as he used to have it shipped over before it was exported to the USA.

Yep, he even had it shipped out to him when they were filming "White Hunter Black Heart".

Man of Honour
penski said:
Close, no cigar.

Badger is a brewery who produce the abso-bloody-lutely fantastic Golden Glory beer along with several fine others.

*n

The drink of kings, although i do enjoy first gold as well :D im gonna have to go n grab one from downstairs now

Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:
Dog is the slang name for Newcastle Brown Ale, hence it bites.

Broon, Newky Broon, Fightin' Wataa, Holy Wataa, Chateau Gallowgate / Chateau Toon.

It's a nice drink but I can't drink it all night. Funny enough, it isn't as nice now as it was when I first started drinking it in the early nineties and my dad used to say it was a far better deink when he was young. It's sadly no longer brewed in Newcastle as the brewery, right next to St James's Park, was shut down and production switched to the Federation Brewery in Gateshead, next to the Metro Centre.

It is mostly sold in 550ml bottles but sometimes you see Bud size bottles although it is rare. It does exist on draught, but I don't enjoy it that way.

Ah, the good old Federation Brewery. Used to love the smell of that place when visiting my Grandparents :D

Caporegime
Von Smallhausen said:
Newcastle Brown Ale, hence it bites.

I would be tempted to rename it Muslim.

Not because it's Sunni, but because it's *****.

[Edit]

Wow - it even has a Wikipedia entry.

WP said:
The 'Dog' name comes from the euphemism "I'm going to walk the dog" or "I'm going to see a man about a dog"

Even badly disguised "joke" swearing is not allowed. FF.

Soldato
Von Smallhausen said:

Newcastle brown is bigger in other countries than it is here you know, it has a huge export market.

KaHn

Back
Top Bottom