1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PIR Security Light

Discussion in 'Home and Garden' started by LeeUK, Nov 4, 2019.

1. LeeUK

Soldato

Anyone know of any PIR Security Lights that can be set to stay on all night e.g. automatically switch on when it gets dark and switch off when it gets light?

All the ones I've seen only allow you to adjust the time up to 5 or 10 minutes or so.

2. RockLobster

Wise Guy

What about a standard security light with no PIR connected to a Phillips Hue smart plug with sunset/sunrise routine activated.

3. PardonTheWait

Capodecina

You want one with a dusk til dawn sensor on it, I've just ordered a PIR light from Screwfix which has dusk/dawn on it but not sure if you can use that to make it stay on all the time during those hours - I will read the instructions tomorrow and let you know :)

4. LiGhTfasT

Gangster

Pretty sure I've got one of these on garage - Steinel Twilight Switch NightMatic 3000

Been in a few years and worked flawlessly.

5. eviled

Hitman

Just fit a plain security light with a dusk-dawn sensor

6. chaparral

Capodecina

Here a few links from amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/9000-10000...=dusk+till+dawn+sensor&qid=1572906519&sr=8-61
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/YAYZA-Wate...=dusk+till+dawn+sensor&qid=1572906499&sr=8-23
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Outdoor-Se...=dusk+till+dawn+sensor&qid=1572906519&sr=8-55

7. Abyss

Mobster

My first thought as well. I have 2 dusk till dawn sensors on the house that control the lights on the outside of the house/garage and they work perfectly.

8. LeeUK

Soldato

9. Skiddley

Mobster

Dusk till dawn just prevents the light comming on if the PIR is activated in the daytime.

Are you saying you want it on constantly during the night? In which case why would you want a PIR?

10. LeeUK

Soldato

Yes that is what I want.

I don't, I don't know why I thought that, shoot me if I got it wrong.

11. DXP55

Mobster

Some PIR lights have a on all night function - I think you need a switch on them, then turn it on-off quickly and light stays on - The PIR I use for the outside shed light does as I found out recently when we had a few instant on -off power cut's and the damn thing was shining through bedroom window all night.

12. LeeUK

Soldato

Think I've soon those type before but you still have to manually switch them off and on again wise it stays on all day.

13. Skiddley

Mobster

So you just want a light on a timed switch.

14. krooton

Caporegime

My Solar PIR lights have 2 modes.

Off during day, on at night at half-strength, and full strength for 30 seconds when the PIR picks up movement.
    or
    Off during day, and full strength for 30 seconds at night on movement.

They are the earlier gen MPOWs, I don't think the more recent ones have the half-strength setting.

15. Felix

Mobster