1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixelstick Alternative?

Discussion in 'Photography & Video' started by Sonea Fifer, Aug 10, 2018.

1. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Hi there

I am looking to include light painting into my long exposure photography and wondering if anyone else has experience in this field?

Since the pixelstick is now discontinued is there a programmable alternative anyone could recommend please?

2. Steeps

Mobster

Don't think it has been discontinued, it wasn't a cheap item to import and I don't think any of the UK stockists are keeping stock due to the price. Someone on TP was selling one a few weeks ago, don't know if it went but as I already have one that isn't used much I didn't think it was worth getting a second.

Pixelstick creators have moved on to Colorspike for LED washing/video work, again quite expensive but feature rich. http://www.colorspike.com/

3. sHo0sH

Mobster

Would something like the LED Lenser V24 work for you?

4. Sonea Fifer

Soldato

Cheers for the advice guys - I covered LE photography last year for my college course and passed. This year I'm doing the same but I am intending to step up my creativity hence my questions :)