Placements

Soldato
Right, I want to be a high school IT teacher when I've got the qualifications. I need to do a 6 months placement (starting around january) as part of my sandwhich degree. Whilst I wait for the placements department at uni to reply to an email, i thought i'd ask you lot what you would do in my situation.

The course i'm doing is Internet Technology, and I don't see how getting a placement in a job related to it will aid me in becoming a teacher. Does anyone know if there are placements in school's that would be more suitable for me?

The whole placement thing just seems a bit useless for me personally. What are your thoughts?

Ripper^ said:
Right, I want to be a high school IT teacher when I've got the qualifications. I need to do a 6 months placement (starting around january) as part of my sandwhich degree. Whilst I wait for the placements department at uni to reply to an email, i thought i'd ask you lot what you would do in my situation.

The course i'm doing is Internet Technology, and I don't see how getting a placement in a job related to it will aid me in becoming a teacher. Does anyone know if there are placements in school's that would be more suitable for me?

The whole placement thing just seems a bit useless for me personally. What are your thoughts?

If you're not doing an education degree then you'll need to do a PGCE or similar - you should probably check what the entrance requirements are for those and make sure that your current (or expected) qualifications match up.

Currenty eyeing the possibilty of a placement myself. The golden ideal is to achieve a paying placement, but remember that doing 6 months of voluntary might be worthwhile if there is a place that you might fancy.

If there is anywhere you would really like to work, first phone them up. If it's worth it, explain you'd work pro bono

Why not try and get a placement as an IT admin in a school? There are a number of these about.

I am suprised your placement is just 6 months though. I thought it was standard form that placements were for 12 months, formed the entirity of your final year, and were fully paid. Mine certainly is.

Back
Top Bottom