Planning Objections

Soldato
Just remember that you can only object to proposed plans, not object to building works.

The only real concern would be the design and size of the proposed building. If you’ve got a sensible architect, most concerns should have been addressed. The condition of the public highway is not in any way your concern - especially for a single private dwelling /facepalm

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
can't you eloquently supply written rejection/criticism of the objections before any meeting too.

aren't there planning rules too for proximity and height of buildings/walls to public roads/lanes.
Yes, already in hand and I have provided this to the architect. Virtually all complaints are already addressed in our design statement and the architect was diligent at evidencing all building guidelines on size, scale, positioning, privacy retention etc... The good news is that Highways have confirmed that they have no objection with access to the proposed new home which was a potential hurdle. The bad news is we need an archaeological watching brief for the foundation works if approved.

Associate
sore loser?
would assume if committee has passed it , he cant do anything. if your saying it now has been turned down then appeal.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Not turned down, still wit the planning officer, decision due in about 3 weeks. I just find it a bit odd. I can't understand how someone on a committee can make a personal objection, given the objection could be seen to undermine the committee decision.

taB

taB

Associate
I'd expect they made the same points at the committee meeting and were overruled. As such feel the need to raise them personally in some hope that it doesn't go through.

Soldato
All my neighbours tried to object to my family building our home, they tried all sorts, the road is not suitable for lorries to delivery building supplies, the roof it too tall and all sorts of other nonsense.

It delayed us for many many months and cost us a lot of money.

It left a sour taste in our mouth and we have never had anything to do with any of them for the last 10 years.

Associate
Good news!

People can't help but stick an oar in. I don't know if it is just a very British thing, but everyone seems to think they know something. As you will (hopefully) find none of these comments have any merit as they are simply the ramblings of mad men/women and they don't have any actual standing vs. the planning regs.

You will have to do a build thread!

Soldato
OP
Good news!

People can't help but stick an oar in. I don't know if it is just a very British thing, but everyone seems to think they know something. As you will (hopefully) find none of these comments have any merit as they are simply the ramblings of mad men/women and they don't have any actual standing vs. the planning regs.

You will have to do a build thread!
For the majority that seems to be the case. We have made two modifications to appease feedback, notably on the eaves height and a window position, which were easy for us to accommodate. I understand direct neighbours raising questions and concerns, I would likely do the same, albeit with more technical evaluation rather than "too big" or "don't like the look of it". Its the random people who pass through the area I find a bit odd. I actually made a point of checking out other local applications and leaving positive comments as I know how disheartening the negatives can be.

Will definitely do a build log. First have to finishing the renovation project on the bungalow in order to sell and fund the build! Almost there with that one.

Back
Top Bottom