1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by ThestigGT999, Dec 17, 2013.

1. Vandal

Gangster

Haha. Well done. I bet the kids are proud.

2. zoomee

Soldato

:D:D:D

3. zoomee

Soldato

43 characters imported from GW1 - bloomin eck - me son musta been caning this game!

It also imports your Rank and gives you a reward - we got 3 sticker packs for being rank 63 or somat.

You can get the stuff imported from the mailbox thats right in front of you when you start. ;)

Tell you what though - it takes donkey years to start the game!! - for some reason it takes a while to get connected to the EA servers and to login.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
  4. EYEREX

Wise Guy

Played a few games online and don't think its as good as the first game it just a mess of lighting effects plus the few maps i've played ain't that good

5. budge1972

Wise Guy

Agreed, & they have unbalanced the game in a bad way.Too many players picking the rose spoils the game and plants seem to have the upper hand on all the maps I've played.
    They have changed the engineers abilities by giving him the cannon turret and taken away the drone strikes.
    It feels like the zombies die too easily and sometimes you just can't get out of the spawn points.
    I'm glad I didn't pay top dollar for the console version.

6. byeo

Wise Guy

At the moment the game is a total clusterfudge and when Plants have 5+ playing as Rose, you have no chance. She is way too OP, from what I've read they upped her damage as not many people were playing as her in the beta.

7. Mark1989

Capodecina

She is over powered I also have a toxic version of her so does lasting damage I do take out most enemies that being said she is a slow mover I think so decent players who can aim can take you down

8. byeo

Wise Guy

Totally forgot about importing characters from GW, cheers, will do that when I get in tonight.

9. EYEREX

Wise Guy

Came up against a pack of the Rose's last night and they just steam rolled the lobby the things are a pain in the arse, would be great if the zombie side had something like the chomper to get stuck into them

The thing about GW1 was yes it looked simple but each class could be matched ie Plants would have a lobby of Chompers you just fought them with Engineers and sonic mines and so on so a simple game had that extra depth plus the maps are so much better in GW1 it just needed a few more especially in garden and graveyards

GW1 has to be my fav game on the PS4 and to see them **** it up makes me :(

10. byeo

Wise Guy

I've read that the Chemist is a good counter to Rose, Teleport in close to Rose, get a few shots off (hopefully kill her) and Teleport out. Also, Captain Deadbeard is a three shot kill on Rose.

11. budge1972

Wise Guy

I'm finding the trusty electrician (from a distance) to be a good choice against a cluster of sunflowers/roses who are all healing each other.It's still early days with the online side of things, there are a lot of new players running around like headless chickens at the mo and shooting at their own players.
    Over time I think players will work out the ways to tackle the roses but it needed to be more balanced right from the start or it just puts players of the old game off.
    .... It has for me anyway.

12. byeo

Wise Guy

I'm done with multiplayer until it's fixed. Rose is stupidly OP and generally, if you're playing as Zombies, you have very little chance of winning.

I am having fun playing SP and doing the quests, does anyone know where to find the other 199 Gnomes ? I found the one in Crazzzzy Daves garage but that's it.

13. EYEREX

Wise Guy

I've only found 2 :)

one in the garage plus there's one in the far right corner of the docks

14. EYEREX

Wise Guy

Was playing some Raise the Flag last night which is good fun

15. budge1972

Wise Guy

I,m starting to get to grips with taking the Rose out now but still very hard to get out of spawn as zombies on the frosty creek/seeds of time maps.
    Its growing on me as i,m ranking up (55) :)

16. biron_w

Sgarrista

Been playing PvZ 2 and it's quite good fun. However, it's very unstable on the Xbox One. You're either disconnected from the EA servers or the game just crashes and you get booted back to the dashboard.

17. EYEREX

Wise Guy

Not had any problems on the PS4 other than the fan go's into overdrive

18. byeo

Wise Guy

My PS4 is like a 777 taking off when playing PvZ:GW 2

19. budge1972

Wise Guy

20. Lanz

Soldato

I wonder is this game will go down to £30 in the next few weeks like some other do...