Platypus' Beginners Guide to Running

Soldato
Thought i'd added these earlier. As you can see, we didn't get much in the way of any views for most of the day!

Actually think this is a brilliant shot. Almost makes me look capable!

NJF8Q8I.png

7eRqAWF.png

What i would say is that having someone there really pushed me to run on some terrain that normally i'd just be gently walking along. Certainly not saying i was flying on the above descent, but at least i took it at a slight running pace.
I'm hoping that transfers to being out on my own aswell.

Soldato
Cheers guys. A shame it's not closer really, along with petrol prices making a round trip cost around £25 on top of parking, it's hitting almost £35 just to go for a run so not really a weekly event. Not to mention the whole being out the house for a whole day at a time due to 3hrs of driving.

Legs still feel heavy today, and some aches in my right plantar which is crazy considering i never usually have any issues and it's not like it wasn't something i've done before.

Also just noticed this on Strava. @D.P. bet it's rare you don't top that table :D

KFuXA8q.png

Associate
Back to running stuff though...

I am hoping to get out for the first time in around a month this weekend. Covid followed by all inclusive holiday had pushed it into the background recently. I am hoping that nothing too drastic has happened breathing wise.

Soldato
Good luck, i'm still unsure if i had some kind of bug, as energy levels aren't feeling great. Especially on longer runs i feel like i'm running out at points where i'd expect to be fine.

Off out with a local running club tonight. First time in ages i've joined up with them. The fact they're going to a local brewery for a drink afterwards has nothing to do with it...

Soldato
I'm not sure i could comprehend that level of climbing!

Sure, on a single run i could manage, but hitting that a couple of times a week is mental. We had a Virtual challenge of 29,048ft in a month and very few people managed it. I missed it as it was the month my ankle injury occurred. Even 1k a day would be fairly punishing. Not helped by it being fairly flat around here, there were lots of 300ft hill rep sessions!

Soldato
Decent result and not exactly slow :) What was your previous best? I thought it wasn't far off that anyway?

I met up with the local running club last night. Finished work and went for a couple mile run before hand as it seemed a better option than staying at work for 40 minutes! Usually their Thursday run is a 5-6 mile run with ~600ft of ascent at least and i was looking forward to it, however it was some womans 60th and a visit to Rivington Brewery was on the cards. As such it turned into a flat 3 mile run which was very similar to the route i'd already done. Fortunately the beer was excellent and it was nice to catch up with some people i've not seen for ages.

On the way home i saw a truly stunning sunset over the moors. As such i think next time i'm in the office, i'm going to just plan for a big long run after work instead and try and take in that view from the moors rather than whilst driving!

Associate
Cant you run home and then run in the following day? Not thinking of every day, but you could do it once or twice a week if it isn't too far.

I am thinking of trying it once youngest goes to high school. The only problem here is that there are zero facilities for cleanup other than a sink.

Soldato
Yeah i could do, although i'm only in the office once a week and sometimes not even that. I have debated driving in, then running home and then the next day cycling to the office to get the car. Just feels like lots of effort. It's around 8 miles each way and i wouldn't say it was out of my ability to run both legs at some point.

We do have showers available luckily. I think my main concern is how much i sweat and how much i continue to sweat, even after a shower. No-one needs to be around that!

Back
Top Bottom