Playing cards fans/collectors. Mint2.

Soldato
OP
I had a good line of business selling karnival dose redux card decks with the foil packet. Also a couple of the necronomicon shiny foil deck.

But not done any Kickstarter.

I had to refresh the thread in case your post was a mirage. :)

That's really interesting. No Karnival decks here but I do have a couple of other Sam Hayles decks (one of them signed too) and a couple of Doseprod bits & bobs.

Are you still in the business?

Caporegime
I had to refresh the thread in case your post was a mirage. :)

That's really interesting. No Karnival decks here but I do have a couple of other Sam Hayles decks (one of them signed too) and a couple of Doseprod bits & bobs.

Are you still in the business?

Not really business business just selling a few here and there on eBay after I found a stockpile of karnival dose redux decks in Europe for like 7 euros !

Got a few other like carnival midnight limited edition etc.

They are nice art I think

Soldato
OP
Not really business business just selling a few here and there on eBay after I found a stockpile of karnival dose redux decks in Europe for like 7 euros !

Got a few other like carnival midnight limited edition etc.

They are nice art I think

Bargain! Yes, I like the artwork too. Sam Hayles designs have nice dark edge to them. I've got a Doseprod logo sticker on my PC case. All too often it's quite an accurate representation of my BF4 performance. :)

Caporegime
Bargain! Yes, I like the artwork too. Sam Hayles designs have nice dark edge to them. I've got a Doseprod logo sticker on my PC case. All too often it's quite an accurate representation of my BF4 performance. :)

Yeah it's probably my favourite. I think the issue is that as with most collectibles the market in England is pretty small compared to that in the United States so buying and selling is harder and more costly:(

Soldato
OP
Yeah it's probably my favourite. I think the issue is that as with most collectibles the market in England is pretty small compared to that in the United States so buying and selling is harder and more costly:(

Yes, it's the same here in Wales. Still, it might be just my perception but I think it's getting more popular. Let's hope so.

Commissario
Despite my poo-pooing posts in this thread, I got sucked into this. It was my first Kickstarter.

Postie has just been.

fi45PeQ.jpeg

Foiled Frost Mint
Frost Mint
Day one bonus - Free Blueberry Mint
Signed Blueberry Mint
Cucumber Mint x 2
Mint Gaff pack
Mint sticker
Mint mint

What did you get, @Yadda?

Commissario
Are you ever going to open these cards? Will they ever see any air or is it simply investment? 10 months on I still don't get the appeal :confused:
Three of them are limited editions, the Kickstarter Frost Mint, the Foiled Frost and the signed deck. I'll keep those and one of the green ones unopened which is a set of all four.

That'll leave me one blue and one green deck to open and lovingly fondle.

Soldato
Three of them are limited editions, the Kickstarter Frost Mint, the Foiled Frost and the signed deck. I'll keep those and one of the green ones unopened which is a set of all four.

That'll leave me one blue and one green deck to open and lovingly fondle.

I have stopped backing these card projects now because of the reason that i felt they are just trying to fiddle money out of us by having things like "Frost Mint, the Foiled Frost and the signed deck", because i felt kinda pushed to need to get all of them so i had the set, and i think its a bit of con

Soldato
OP
Are you ever going to open these cards? Will they ever see any air or is it simply investment? 10 months on I still don't get the appeal :confused:

As a day 1 backer I got a free deck of blueberry mints which I have opened. Not sure if I'll open the frost mint and I've no plans on opening the foiled frost mint.

You planning to flip them a bit later on then?

Probably not but if the price is right...

Soldato
OP
Despite my poo-pooing posts in this thread, I got sucked into this. It was my first Kickstarter.

Postie has just been.

fi45PeQ.jpeg

Foiled Frost Mint
Frost Mint
Day one bonus - Free Blueberry Mint
Signed Blueberry Mint
Cucumber Mint x 2
Mint Gaff pack
Mint sticker
Mint mint

What did you get, @Yadda?

I missed this. Reading and responding to threads from the top down is probably a good idea.

Nice haul! I went for Frost, Foiled Frost and the Blueberry (day 1 freebie), and of course the Mint mint, sticker and gaff pack freebies.

Edit:

mint22.jpg

I've opened the Blueberries, the crushed stock feels great. If you didn't already know, USPCC cards always feel rough on the edges when first out of the box. The first thing I always do is rub each edge of the deck on fabric a few times (along - not across - each edge) - denim jeans work well. It just helps the breaking-in process and they always feel musch better for it.

Love the design and print quality on the box (the pic doesn't do justice to the shimmery blue foil on the back).

mint2.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I see the new website is ready, and the remaining Mint2 decks are listed on it.

@Feek Did you get your backer early access password?

For anyone interested in the cards who didn't back the kickstarter, the website is mint52.com

Technically access is limited to backers for now but if you really can't wait then I'm sure someone will give you the password.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Probably not but if the price is right...

What are they for if you don’t open them?

Like I get that people collect theses things but surely if you collect them then you’d still take them out of the box? Otherwise you don’t even get to see them, you just have a sealed box that might well be rather mundane. Surely that’s only of use to anyone if they’re hoping to sell at a premium at some point in the future?

Soldato
OP
I did but I won't be buying any more, I haven't opened any of these yet as I just put 'em into the safe to keep them, well, safe!

Fair enough. I'm tempted by another gaff deck so I can keep one pristine. To justify the postage (although a very reasonable $10) of course I'd have to buy another deck, perhaps a cucumber...

Soldato
OP
What are they for if you don’t open them?

Like I get that people collect theses things but surely if you collect them then you’d still take them out of the box? Otherwise you don’t even get to see them, you just have a sealed box that might well be rather mundane. Surely that’s only of use to anyone if they’re hoping to sell at a premium at some point in the future?

I have some I can play with and the rest stay in a box. Don't you understand my precious?

Back
Top Bottom