Playing civ5 on a plasma tv? To static an image?

Caporegime
Right now my main pc is not functional (tbh I don't use it so much.
My Htpc is connected to a plasma tv which is fine for f1 games, fps etc but is it too risky to play a game like civ?

Civ4 had a lot of static imagery (not good for plasmas) so I'm wondering if it'seven wworth trying on Htpc or if i should just fix the other pc?

Is civ 5 a very static game?

Soldato
It's HUD elements you need to watch, things that literally don't change for hours on end - you'll get these in all sorts of games, CIV might be a bit worse as it has a rather large HUD so any image retention will be more noticeable than a small ammo counter or something from an FPS game.

Caporegime
OP
Yes that is what I was thinking. As much as I love the plasma Whenit comes to games iIdo think about it a bit !

And like you say. Civ has a much bigger hud than fps games

Permabanned
Yes that is what I was thinking. As much as I love the plasma Whenit comes to games iIdo think about it a bit !

And like you say. Civ has a much bigger hud than fps games

Have a google and you might find a way of turning it off by config? Or make it more transparent?

Soldato
Wow I had never even thought of that happening (don't own a plasma). I guess there must be some kind of safe guard for it though???

Just googled lots and read up a bit about it and most sites/peoples opinions are that even though they are a lot better for burn in etc, it's still not a good idea.

Caporegime
OP
ive got a pixel orbiter on my plasma but dont know how much it will help tbh.

haha im not wasting my life and getting fat playing it!

yes i have googled a bit, with a lot of console games i guess its taken into account, translucent huds etc, but a plasma tv with a pc isnt the most common i guess. I might give it a short go, see what happens. Lots of games its fine, its just the nature of the non moving image duration that bothers me.

Yes, i already have a very short screensaver time!

Back
Top Bottom