Playing F.E.A.R for the 1st time and in glorious 3440x1440p!

Soldato
OP
Finished Perseus Mandate last night and started F.E.A.R 2. Mandate didn't scare me so much as EP but some cool new weapons and enjoyed playing through it.

So on to F.E.A.R 2 - first impressions were WOW it looks stunning, some cool early scares, I like the feel of the new weapons and it does feel like a F.E.A.R game. Negative would be it seems like the AI has been dumbed down a bit and it's a bit less challenging. I've only played a couple of hours but I have increased the difficulty up to hard as I was never losing any health, only armour damage. I kinda miss the quick save option too - if only so I can stop playing when I want instead of having to keep going to the next save point. Really looking forward to playing through the rest of it though...

For anyone thinking about playing this again on a 21:9 ultrawide montior - the game will automatically detect your resolution however you have to switch 'widescreen' to NO in the video options menu to remove those black borders - and doesn't it just look lovely...

Soldato
OP
Just completed F.E.A.R 2. Great game, really enjoyed it. Who'd have thought Alma would turn out to be quite not when she's not in her withered form!! lol.

I have a problem just now though. I can't find where or how to launch the Reborn DLC - it says on the store page it's in my library but it's not listed in my installed games nor can I find it in my steam apps folder. Anyone had this problem?

Caporegime
I have a problem just now though. I can't find where or how to launch the Reborn DLC - it says on the store page it's in my library but it's not listed in my installed games nor can I find it in my steam apps folder. Anyone had this problem?

It's a very long time since I've played it, but I 'think' you need to start a new game, then the DLC should become available (doing this might wipe your saves for the main game, btw). :)

Back
Top Bottom