Playing music - which software

nam

nam

Soldato
Hi,

I have leopard on my new macbook, what does everyone else use to play music is it just itunes or is there anything else that is better ?

Thx

Soldato
I think it also shows what a good software model can do for the online distribution industry. I have consistently bought songs from iTunes simply because it is easy to use and works pretty much as I expected. I've tried other systems that were more convoluted and required subscription fees.

Sure, it isnt perfect. DRM is annoying no matter where it rears its ugly head and the fact you are locked into using an iPod would annoy the crusaders of all things open. These days you can buy DRM free music more freely (moreso in the US) so the playing field is leveling a bit. I can only hope Apple introduce some sort of loyalty scheme to keep customers like myself. I have spent hundreds of pounds on their online store; some freebies and re-download options wouldn't go amiss. ;)

Associate
If you email them they will allow one off re-downloads. After that one disaster if you are not encouraged to backup yourself I don't know what will work! I lost one album between backups and emailed them and they were happy enough to re-enable it for me.

I use iTunes. [With Airport Express and Airfoil to give me fine grained control of the volume at the other end.]

Back
Top Bottom