Playseat & Microsoft Wheel Review

Soldato
OP
Guys i will edit some of the posts to answer a few of your questions but it wont be to later tonight.

I also havnt touched on the performance of the wheel and really given enough of a report on the gaming aspect, particulary in how the wheel and seat as a combination benifit gaming.

That will be added with the conclusion etc.

Soldato
OP
monkeyspank said:
Mr Latte have you come across a product that is like just the front end of the playseat? The pedal and wheel bit. . I need something that I can use with the seat that's there already.

Great review btw, nice pics :cool:

Once again thanks to all that enjoyed looking and reading.

If you search on AV Forums you will find people that have come across such a device for approx £50+ cant remember the price exactly but its a foldable table type frame thingy, seems not too bad and think its available on a popular auction site.

Soldato
OP
dannyjo22 said:
Geez no wonder you like the forza demo lap after lap after lap on the same track. Your a test driver just like Hill. ;)

Ha come on now.
Damon was an excellent 2nd driver that inherated a winning car, still nice ole chap wasnt he. Talking of drivers how much you give me for a signed Ayrton and Mansell Picture?

Soldato
OP
skullman said:
Bet you cant wait for Forza 2 now :)

Now Jumpurs, Mr Men, Dirty Dog will understand why ive been lets say rather excited about it.

I agree , wish the R25 worked with the X360 but Che said they have had discussions with Logitec so its possible it may happen and if not with the R25 a future product. At least the Microsoft wheel works with the PC, this too looks excellent on the Projector.

Soldato
OP
Some images updated, was too busy to do the conclusion tonight but i made good use of two friends that arrived to gather their opinions. Well i think its only fair to balance my own thoughts and thier first impressions based on Forza 2 and PGR3 testing.

Soldato
OP
Mr Latte said:
Playseat do sell a Playmat that means the frame wont scrape delicate flooring surfaces. The base of the seat has provision to be screwed into a base if desired to stop it from moving at all. Personally i find as evident in my photos some form of rubber strip should be sent with the kit to level off uneven wooden floors and to stop any damages to flooring.

;)

Soldato
OP
No problems man, pics are always more intersting anyways.

Will look into getting the conclusion done, already see quite a few more on the forums have ordered the wheel.

Soldato
OP
firedoormatt said:
any more thoughts on it, now you've had some more time to settle it in?

I am very envious of your set up, but will have to stick to strapping the wheel to a desk once/if I get it.

Ive been that busy with work that i havnt had a lot of time to play, i had been invited to re do the review for a Uk Forza website and did take more detailed photos for that particulary in how it can be dismantled. Was also holding off to try out the full games of FM2 and DIRT rather than basing my testing with the demos of both.

As for the Playseat apart from the creaking of springs theirs nothing that dissapoints me about it, well worth the money if you see yourself spending a lot of time playing racing games. As for the wheel again i find it an excellent purchase and will give it more attention when FM2 arrives this week, the DIRT demo was probably the most fun game i had experienced (turn the settings waay up) you feel with the seat your very much in an arcade machine particulary with this more arcarde lock-lock action style game. However its entirely a different kettle of fish to FM2 which requires a more accurate feedback and driving style.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom