PlayStation expect great RETURNALS from PC software

Caporegime
LhNIJFj.jpg

Looking at the above slide, how on earth are they going to almost quadruple their income this coming year? They've only announced Uncharted 4/Lost Legacy so far. Destiny 2 could account for a bit more but perhaps they have a few surprises up their sleeve.

EDIT: Appears to be from 2 live service games which haven't been announced yet.

Full investor PDF here - https://www.sony.com/en/SonyInfo/IR/library/presen/irday/pdf/2022/GNS_E.pdf

WJI0awh.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
Returnal is cool, but I am much more looking forward to Tsushima, Horizon 2 and Last of Us 2 (although I own this one for Pro, I do not want to suffer 30fps anymore).

It would be great if Sony ported some PS3 games as well. Killzone 2 and 3, Motorstorm..

Soldato
Sony games are OK, they look good but they are as deep as a puddle. I have yet to play one that hooked me, definitely over-hyped by the media.

Steam has a massive userbase bigger than any console so they sell decently but Sony has yet to break into the PC market with a huge hit. You need tight controls, innovative gameplay and deep mechanics for that.

Soldato
You need tight controls, innovative gameplay and deep mechanics for that.
Really? You honestly think thats true?
Warzone / PUBG / CS:GO / GTA-V and Apex all disagree with you there and are all in the top played PC games currently.

I dont own a console because I hate controllers but have bought and finished Dayz Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War on PC and enjyed being able to play the single player, non grindy, non mtx riddled game with a mouse and keyboard so am happy for this trend to continue.

Soldato
Warzone / PUBG / CS:GO / GTA-V and Apex all disagree with you there and are all in the top played PC games currently.

I dont own a console because I hate controllers but have bought and finished Dayz Gone, Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War on PC and enjyed being able to play the single player, non grindy, non mtx riddled game with a mouse and keyboard so am happy for this trend to continue.

Bingo. HZD and GoW are amazing games. Always tempted to buy the PS5 just to play forbidden west. I expect this is to an extent what Sony have been hoping for.

Hopefully see some of these games arrive on the PC sooner rather then later.

Soldato

Yes it is 100% true. All the games you mentioned fit the criteria I mentioned. Look at V Rising selling more than God of war (the premier playstation title lol) in less than a week.

Valheim another example has sold more than the entire GOTY "winning" playstation catalog on PC because its a brilliantly designed game which is exactly what PC gamers care about.

Soldato
Yes it is 100% true. All the games you mentioned fit the criteria I mentioned. Look at V Rising selling more than God of war (the premier playstation title lol) in less than a week.

Why does the game need to sell better then another to be a success or not. As long as Sony think that there games stand alone will sell fine and they make a profit which they evidently do and people enjoy the games (which they do) does not matter how other games sell.

Soldato
Why are you comparing a new release to a ps4 game that sold 20million on that console alone?

Yeh I'm not surprised it didn't sell overly well on PC given most people who wanted to play it just got a cheap ps4/ps4 pro.

Soldato

Valheim another example has sold more than the entire GOTY "winning" playstation catalog on PC because its a brilliantly designed game which is exactly what PC gamers care about.

The "what pc gamers care about" line had me.

Strange pc master race nonsense. Somehow pitching your idea of gaming at a higher level of the console masses.

Consoles have been getting better games for years and now that they are coming to pc people like you will still stubbornly moan about them.

Pet Northerner
Don

Those two examples are priced really cheaply and have only sold so well (as early access) because of that.

Soldato
When has sales ever reflected the quality? As one of many examples look at Prey by Arkane....its an absolute masterpiece, one of the best FPS game of all time and didnt sell well at all. Conversely look at COD Vanguard, its a total trash game and still sold millions of copies, no it didnt meet Activisions forecast but when compared to most titles sold well over and above most games.

Also the PC releases of God of War, Dayz Gone and Horizon Dawn have netted Sony £100m+ in revenue and reports suggest Sony are happy with the return on them. So in the context that the PC releases are just an additional revenue stream and as not intended to be their primary revenue stream the expectations of such releases is adjusted accordingly.

Back
Top Bottom