1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Playstation game suggestions

Discussion in 'Console Games & Hardware' started by Kerplunk, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Kerplunk

Sgarrista

So I am ploughing through my back log of many Playstation games, I have currently gone through and completed the below, but looking to play any other decent games I may have missed, any suggestions?

Spiderman
    God of War
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Witcher 3
    Days Gone
    Assassins Creed: Origins
    Assassins Creed: Odyssey
    Until Dawn
    Horizon Zero Dawn + Breath of the Wilds
    GTA5
    Plague Tale Innocence
    Uncharted Series
    RE7
    RE2 (The new one)
    Tomb Raider Series (Reboot)
    Kingdom Come Deliverance
    Last of Us

I like a variety, mostly lengthy games I can get involved with and experience it fully, I just cannot get on with Dark Souls/Bloodborne though lol - I have tried - I've been looking at maybe playing LA Noire, which I stumbled upon, has anyone played this? Albeit quite an old game

Thanks!

2. Moothead2

Sgarrista

Well try again until you like it :p.

If you're into JRPGs the Final Fantasy X and XII remasters can be picked up quite cheap these days. Bloodstained is getting excellent reviews too if you like the Metroidvania genre.

3. Amatsubu

Mobster

You've played most of the big-hitters, I guess.

Bloodborne is amazing but fair enough if you don't like it. I'd suggest Sekiro but it's from the same devs so...:p I does play a bit differently, though, and the setting is completely different.

I'd try Yakuza 0, 6 and Kiwami 2, loads of fun but niche series. A bit like Shenmue but more laidback and silly with side content. Brutal combat and very solid stories.

Nier: Automata is fantastic, requires patience but 100% worth it, one of the most unique and cleverly constrcucted games with an excellent soundtrack.

Maybe also Gravity Rush 1&2, very fun games and a cool premise.

I have Bloodstained on PC, it's great.

I completed LA Noire on the PS3 back in the days, it was a pretty good experience, flawed but worth it for the atmosphere.

I don't think you're missing much apart from the ones I listed.

4. mame

Sgarrista

Fallout 4 but skip the DLC

5. Kerplunk

Sgarrista

Good shout, thanks!

What is wrong with the DLC?

6. mame

Sgarrista

I just don't think it's as good as the main game. Nuka World is ok but goes against the open world that makes fallout so good.

7. McBain

Capodecina

I really enjoyed Far Cry 5 and New Dawn if that sort of thing floats your boat.

8. kurosagi01

Gangster

As mentioned by Amatsubu but I also recommend:
    Nier Automata - If you like DMC style combat then definitely check this out, story bit slow but well worth it if you get sucked into it
    Yakuza 0 - Start with this out of the franchise, the combat is very Dynasty Warriors like where it
    Judgement - Made by same studio that worked on Yakuza series, you play as a detective instead.
    doesn't really lock on to who you want to hit but it does work to an extent in a open space combat. All about character development for this franchise hence why a lot of people like it.
    Nioh - Another Souls like game but developed by team ninja, its more fast pace combat which in my opinion it's a mixture of Ninja Gaiden and Souls combat pacing but equally as challenging as Ninja Gaiden& Souls game
    Gravity rush 1&2 - Niche game and a hidden gem as it never took off over in the west but fun game
    The Last Guardian & Shadow of Colossus - Very clunky game mechanic but very beautiful game design and story hits you in the feels
    Tales of Vesperia or Berseria - Highly recommend these out of the current available Tales of franchise on PS4

9. TheVoice

Capodecina

Wolfenstein? There's 3 of those now, although I'd advise against the DLC for W2, it was disappointing.

10. shorttricky

Wise Guy

Couldn't agree more. Easily one of the best games of this gen - I can't think of a game that's surprised me more in just how impressive it is.

If you like a JRPG, Persona 5 is best by a country mile (come at me other JPRG fans) - there's an expanded version due later in the year, but the original one is on sale regularly

If you liked the play mechanics of Until Dawn, then Heavy Rain / Beyond Two Souls / Detroit Become Human are all worth a look - as is The Wolf Among Us (based on the DC comic Fables)

Dying Light and Ghost Recon Wildlands might be worth a try if you like the look of the upcoming sequels. They're both fun games, brilliant co-op systems - and pretty cheap as well.

11. Amatsubu

Mobster

Yeah, I'd say Nier is the most underappreciated game this gen for what it does but it at least won the best OST:p

Nice to see some appreciation for Gravity Rush and the Yakuza series as well.

Nier, Yakuza, Bloodstained, Sekiro and Gravity Rush 1&2 are what I'd recommend as I've yet to play Persona 5.

12. Father Ted

Wise Guy

if you haven't played them yet The Bioshock Collecton can be had from the PS store for £7...

13. NightSt@lk3r

Soldato

Judgment just came out and is brilliant, it's from the developers of the Yakuza series and is set in the same city.

14. Kerplunk

Sgarrista

Thanks for the suggestions, will definitely look in to a few of these

I have decided to give Mass Effect Andromeda a go, and enjoying it so far, looking beyond the facial animations it feels a solid Mass Effect game, and seems to have improved with patches!

15. Mr.Q

Gangster

Tried Kingdom Hearts? Must play if your a disney fan.

16. BowdonUK

Wise Guy

I noticed sleeping dogs definitive collection is going very cheaply at the moment on psn.

It's a bit like an asian version of gta5, as in a semi open world.. but the combat is a lot better. If you've not played the game then I recommend it.

I'm thinking about buying it again. I used to have it on ps3.