PlayStation VR query

Soldato
I'm still feeling really hyped about PSVR even several weeks later. I was worried I'd get bored of it quickly after buying the headset but the feeling of playing games with it is so immersive I'm finding it hard to go back to gaming on a flat screen! If you get a PSVR make sure you buy Wipeout Omega Collection. I'm hooked on it! I've also been finding BattleZone really good fun as well. Like you say Dirt is stunning (as is any racing game) since it actually improves your game play as you can judge distances and corners way better.

If anyone's undecided I'd definitely recommend it. Especially now you can but the headset for £250. Bargain IMO and the most exciting technology I've seen in over a decade. It's a game changer quite literally.

My main gripe, and this goes for all of the current VR headsets (Vive, Oculus, Windows Mixed Reality, etc), is that the resolution is too low and often the visual can look quite pixelated. They really need to get 4k headsets as a minimum on the market. I'm sure Sony is already planning one for the PS5 though.

Exciting times.....!

#TheHypeIsReal

:D

Last edited:
Permabanned
My opinion of vr, it's good for short bursts of play, I find it works best with simpler games due to the resoultion limitations.

games that would generally be dull are brought to life in vr when your in a cockpit it really feels like your there.

The issue is how much you can tolerate the sickness side of it. It varys so much from game to game for me.

A example is drive club I couldn't play that for more than 5 minutes but dirt rally I can play quite comfortable for a hour or so. The space shooters that I would think would make me sick don't, but re 7 I couldn't play in vr at all which has put me off buying games like skyrim and doom.

Thanks for the heads up about wipeout though had no idea they added vr support .

I really recommend moss, thumper and headmaster my favourite games in vr

Caporegime
Although a really like mine, its a bit of a commitment to actually play, unless you have a good couple of hours to play uninterrupted, I often to choose to play a flat game.

Back
Top Bottom