PlayStation VR / VR2

Man of Honour
Games like doom 3 should have come out way before now.

My PS5 arrives Saturday and I've never had a console before except a PS1 and original Xbox which I never played on.

Which version of DOOM do I need VR or VFR?

I'm also after a good driving game - suggestions please.
Any good sports games?
Are there games like Battlefield/COD in 3D?

Soldato
My PS5 arrives Saturday and I've never had a console before except a PS1 and original Xbox which I never played on.

Which version of DOOM do I need VR or VFR?

I'm also after a good driving game - suggestions please.
Any good sports games?
Are there games like Battlefield/COD in 3D?

If you haven't tried VR before you might want to start with something that isn't too nausea inducing. Beat Sabre or Astro Bot are fairly safe, I'd avoid things like racing games until you see if you are sensitive to motion sickness.

Soldato
If you haven't tried VR before you might want to start with something that isn't too nausea inducing. Beat Sabre or Astro Bot are fairly safe, I'd avoid things like racing games until you see if you are sensitive to motion sickness.
Absolutely second this. I really struggled with Doom, both motion sickness wise and the fact it had my heart rate at about 150bpm right through it. Astro bot is great but Blood and Truth, as mentioned above, is superb. It's like a Guy Ritchie reboot of John Wick. I played it through 3 times. Have a few beers first and you'll be shouting expletives in a cockney accent while dual wielding smg's in no time :D:D

Man of Honour
Picked up my PS5 from Argos today, bought six used VR games from CEX and I had several used ones VR and normal posted from MusicMagpie - absolute bargain.
Played a bit of FIFA 20 (cost £2.50), then some VR demo's and installed Gran Turismo.
I was playing it for 30 minutes before I realised it wasn't VR so I'd been given the wrong one which I'll change however the graphics were pretty good in the headset.
I thought I'd have a go at FIFA and personally it was good enough for me.
I've got an AIM controller coming tomorrow.

Dave 63 going on 16.

Soldato
The AIM is a gaim changer imo. Works so well although it likely depends on your point of reference. Last similar peripheral I used was a lightgun on my spectrum which seemed to constantly break if you used it too close to the tv. :D

Soldato
Picked up my PS5 from Argos today, bought six used VR games from CEX and I had several used ones VR and normal posted from MusicMagpie - absolute bargain.
Played a bit of FIFA 20 (cost £2.50), then some VR demo's and installed Gran Turismo.
I was playing it for 30 minutes before I realised it wasn't VR so I'd been given the wrong one which I'll change however the graphics were pretty good in the headset.
I thought I'd have a go at FIFA and personally it was good enough for me.
I've got an AIM controller coming tomorrow.

Dave 63 going on 16.
There is only 1 PS4 Gran Tourismo game. Parts of it are in VR.

Man of Honour
Also don't forget you need to keep an old PS4 controller for most games. I use a PS4 pad, Move Controllers and the AIM controller.

Cur

Got one, the bloke who sold me the VR also sold me the Move controllers and PS4 controller.

Question
When you put the disks in the first time does it copy all the game to the drive?
Is there a way to play just from the disk?

Soldato
No every game installs rk the hdd. Only needs the disc for verification that you own the disc.

I've not played GT in VR for a while so can't actually remember where you go to get into the VR section of the game.

Associate
Got one, the bloke who sold me the VR also sold me the Move controllers and PS4 controller.

Question
When you put the disks in the first time does it copy all the game to the drive?
Is there a way to play just from the disk?

That's good. I sold my PS4 Pro and didn't realise I needed an older PS4 pad :D

From what I remember my PS4 Pro was the same? The inbuilt storage has much quicker read/writes that the disk. Think of it just as the key. You need the disk to play the game but it gets stored on the PS5 onboard storage.

Soldato
I've just been all over GT and I can't find any VR.

Can anybody else help?
Basically I bought GT but I don't see it in VR so I was thinking they had given me a normal disk!
GranTouismo Sport VR Support

VR support was later announced to be limited to a dedicated VR Tour Mode.[11][12] A subsequent game update also added the ability to play the time trial game mode within VR. [13]

Man of Honour
Can somebody advice me please.
I've had a copy of Everybody's Golf and thought I'd try it with the normal controller however the blue line that you point with is facing towards me!!
On loading it says something about Camera Inverted so I've been to that bit where you can change First Person, Third Person etc but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

BUGGER, I think I know what it is :)
You must use a PS4 controller.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom