PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Been keeping my eye on prices of the VR, I currently just have a standard PS4, would the V2 benefit me? I can’t see how as I’d need a Pro to run the HDR pass through, and be integrated headphones I’m not fussed about.

Caporegime
Chances are you would get a V2 anyway and there is no cost difference, most of the V1 stock was cleared when they were selling them off for £199 a couple of weeks ago.

Baz

Baz

Soldato
Picked up a PS4 Pro and PSVR last night with Skyrim VR, GT Sport and Resident Evil VR!

having been an Xbox'er for the last 10 years, finding it a bit strange, but the VR is something else!

Yet to try REVR, but GT sport is amazing in VR, though can't seem to do every race in it, only some, must have to explore further.
This is my third version of Skyrim, did feel sick for the first 10 minutes, and the graphics appear pixelated, but a great experience :)

Any other good VR games I should look out for?

Soldato
Yet to try REVR, but GT sport is amazing in VR, though can't seem to do every race in it, only some, must have to explore further.
This is my third version of Skyrim, did feel sick for the first 10 minutes, and the graphics appear pixelated, but a great experience :)

Any other good VR games I should look out for?
Farpoint with the aim controller is my favorite vr game, just bought doom but not had chance to try it yet, dirt rally is also pretty good if driving games are your thing

Soldato
Got myself a PS VR (new model), it’s came with GT and not sure whether to keep it or not? Wouldn’t anyone recommend to keep? What game is good to get to test the features out, it also comes with the PS VR Worlds game!

Just need to get some move controllers.

Soldato
20 mins of GT, felt a little sick! Prob not the best first game to get adjusted to the VR! Amazing experience though.

Stupid question, but do you need a PS Pro to enable HDR pass through? I’ve got a 4k HDR TV but wouldn’t allow me to enable in the options.

Associate
Pleased to say my daughter loves her PSVR and I found I can use it even with my dodgy eyes. On the first attempt I found my right eye dominance off putting and the focus hard to adjust to but after a bit of time to settle in, wow is a great way to play.

I was cooking the dinner and my daughter asked me to try the deep sea demo experience. The screen door effect was obvious at first but I found it easy ignore once I was looking around and enjoying the experience. I am so glad she doesn't record things and post it on the 'net, as I managed to fall back on the sofa rather heavily when the shark burst into cage, even though none of it is real. We haven't laughed that hard in a while.

The London Heist is brilliant and I really want get some longer games like that. She has Doom VR, Skyrim and the VR Worlds. I will be getting her Batman on sale as that was always a definite buy for her.

Last edited:
Soldato
Dirt Rally is amazing in VR.

I've got to give this another go.

I can play DriveClub no issue but Dirt made me queasy.

Not sure whether it was the beer or the fact I'm rubbish at Dirt and kept driving off cliffs. I've learnt to close my eyes in a big shunt in DriveClub as that really hurts my brain.

Associate
We have played that a lot on Steam using a laptop, which was great fun. It would be fantastic watching the VR player meltdown due to those frantic last seconds ticking away.

Associate
Jesus, just played Resident Evil for about 20 mins. Boy do I feel sick!

Don’t use smooth turning buddy. Use the snap turning instead. Takes a little getting used to but you won’t feel sick anymore.

I used to feel the same way in any FPS but the snap turning option cured it for me. Some people can take it, some can’t unless you stick with it and eventually get used to it.

Associate
We are loving the PSVR so far (non-pro), The Diner Duo is a great two player family game with the cook using the headset/Moves and waiter on TV/dualshock. So far the 'designed from scratch for VR games are definitely worth while.

Skyrim VR in the short test we had is a mixed bag. The sense of scale is great, the Moves work well and it is fluid. My daughter prefers teleportation, whereas I find it jarring and need full locomotion but it is her game (I completed it long ago on PC).

The big issue is with the graphics. I knew they would be reduced on console and more so for PSVR but it looks very low detail and hazy in too many places. More so than Youtube videos conveyed. It isn't unplayable, just more like going back to a previous PS3 rendered game with a weird film effect filter.

No chance to try Doom, Batman or the recent free PS Plus VR titles yet. The Diner Duo has a lot to answer for.

A personal but welcome adjust I have noticed today is that my eyes have adjusted to the headset better than I expected. If I get the headset perfectly aligned I no longer notice a bias to my right eye, which I have never been able to overcome in the real world. I need better 'VR' glasses though as I can see the top of the frames too easily and if I look up the headset presses them into my nose rather uncomfortably (virtual world problems? :p).

@Raymond Lin, I can't give you a helpful answer to the Pro question. There is must be a benefit to games that support Pro enhancement, either improved details/effects, perhaps frame rate. I don't know if you can use the general Pro performance boost in VR.

The biggest relief for me, having paid for one, is that the games so far are genuinely fun and enhanced by the VR experience. There are more for us to try and hopefully more to come next year (definitely Rick and Morty).

I do need to find a way around the light intrusion at the bottom, caused by the need to accommodate my glasses though. It can be annoying in certain conditions. I found if I grin like a maniac, it pushes my cheeks up to fill the gap but that is both alarming for others and strain inducing for me.

Caporegime
We are loving the PSVR so far (non-pro), The Diner Duo is a great two player family game with the cook using the headset/Moves and waiter on TV/dualshock. So far the 'designed from scratch for VR games are definitely worth while.

Skyrim VR in the short test we had is a mixed bag. The sense of scale is great, the Moves work well and it is fluid. My daughter prefers teleportation, whereas I find it jarring and need full locomotion but it is her game (I completed it long ago on PC).

The big issue is with the graphics. I knew they would be reduced on console and more so for PSVR but it looks very low detail and hazy in too many places. More so than Youtube videos conveyed. It isn't unplayable, just more like going back to a previous PS3 rendered game with a weird film effect filter.

No chance to try Doom, Batman or the recent free PS Plus VR titles yet. The Diner Duo has a lot to answer for.

A personal but welcome adjust I have noticed today is that my eyes have adjusted to the headset better than I expected. If I get the headset perfectly aligned I no longer notice a bias to my right eye, which I have never been able to overcome in the real world. I need better 'VR' glasses though as I can see the top of the frames too easily and if I look up the headset presses them into my nose rather uncomfortably (virtual world problems? :p).

@Raymond Lin, I can't give you a helpful answer to the Pro question. There is must be a benefit to games that support Pro enhancement, either improved details/effects, perhaps frame rate. I don't know if you can use the general Pro performance boost in VR.

The biggest relief for me, having paid for one, is that the games so far are genuinely fun and enhanced by the VR experience. There are more for us to try and hopefully more to come next year (definitely Rick and Morty).

I do need to find a way around the light intrusion at the bottom, caused by the need to accommodate my glasses though. It can be annoying in certain conditions. I found if I grin like a maniac, it pushes my cheeks up to fill the gap but that is both alarming for others and strain inducing for me.

When you watch YouTube on it, how big is the equivalent screen size and does it play 3D films?

Back
Top Bottom