PlayStation VR / VR2

Soldato
Yeah, I thought that was strange as well. Sony have been doing some amazing deals on the starter pack for near £200 and the starter with move controllers and a game for £250 so I'm guessing that's tempting a lot of people especially now firewall is out.

It still blows my mind that you can buy a full room scale VR setup for that kind of money (providing you have a PS4)!
not room scale :p

Soldato
Ok, not exactly room scale in the technical sense compared to a Vive. It is six degrees of freedom though.

I still think you're getting a lot for your money. Given the current alternatives are the far more basic Oculus Go which cost the same price as PSVR or spending thousands on a Vive/oculus and gaming pc to go with it.

Soldato
Had my first proper blast on firewall yesterday, aditctive and fun, can't believe how nice people are online win or lose
Spent most of the time as cannon fodder but got a few good kills but not fussed as I'm still trying to learn the maps

Soldato
Had my first proper blast on firewall yesterday, aditctive and fun, can't believe how nice people are online win or lose

That's what stuck me as well. The community is fantastic. Oddly most of the folk I played with were all in their 30s/40s like myself. Seemed to be attracting an older crowd which surprised me for an online FPS game.

Compared to something like rec room where most of the players seem to be in their teens and there's far more insults, trolling, people playing music over mic and generally being anti social!

I hope it lasts as it makes the game far more enjoyable as you really need to coordinate with your team mates if you want to win.

The only issue I've noticed is players going AFK seemingly on purpose just to grind the free xp/crypto. it really ruins the game as it leaves you a man down which is a huge disadvantage. Is there a way to kick or report players doing this? I'm sure the Devs will add something to automatically kick players who don't move for the entire round in future I guess.

Last edited:
Soldato
That's what stuck me as well. The community is fantastic. Oddly most of the folk I played with were all in their 30s/40s like myself. Seemed to be attracting an older crowd which surprised me for an online FPS game.

Compared to something like rec room where most of the players seem to be in their teens and there's far more insults, trolling, people playing music over mic and generally being anti social!

I hope it lasts as it makes the game far more enjoyable as you really need to coordinate with your team mates if you want to win.
yep, no screaming kids crying because they got beat, my first game we got slaughtered and in the lobby after it was silent so i just said well that went well and everyone started laughing and we all got chatting and just had a good time

Associate
Ive just dipped in with the game starter pack, res evil & firewall. Played here they lie which I binned off after 20 mins when just playing on the tv but it was superb in vr.
Also doom vfr when it was £10 the other day. I thought it was a lemon to start with the garbage control system with all the darting around via the d-pad. Why they disabled the left stick by default I really dont know. Now its smooth its brilliant.

Soldato
I didn't realise here they lie was VR compatible. Must give it a try!

Is Doom VFR any good with the aim controller?
Doom is not bad, I have it but only had a quick go has I'm trying to play through a backlog of games but firewall has consumed all of my gaming time recently, I've not even turned my pc on in 2 weeks and I used to play cs go every day

Soldato
The new ace combat 7 VR trailer looks great. I'm still worried about how much of the game will be playable in VR though?

I'm hoping it's not another star wars battlefront job...

Soldato
Wasnt really sure about astro bot but having watched a few videos and read about the universal acclaim this game has received so far I've decided to order a copy seeing as it's only £25.

Hopefully it lives to to the hype!

Back
Top Bottom