please check my spec!

Associate
Hi all, I *think* I'm settled on a spec for my new PC, can you please give it a look over to make sure everything is compatable & worth getting?

Spec.JPG

Does it all look good or is there anything out of place/needs changing?
Many thanks

Associate
get a 650w or higher psu. specially if you're considering doing crossfire in the future. even if not, a 500w is a no no these days. otherwise everything is looking pretty good.. oh wait, try getting a better cooler if you plan on some overclocking. i have no idea what that coolermaster is like, but that price looks a little too 'budget' in my opinion, but i could be completely wrong there

Associate
I would get a Core i5 CPU for the same price, you looking at around £30 more to go core i5 which is faster than the AMD quads, for a motherboard I would look at the Gigabyte UD3 or P7P55D from Asus. With these boards you can OC the i5 too 4GHz if you want more power and you can also add a second 5770 and use two GPU's in crossfire. I would also consider looking at getting two 500GB samsung F3 drives and using them in RAID 0, this will give you a huge boost in load times and general system speed.

Associate
OP
Thanks a lot for the help so far guys, I take on board what you have said about the PSU & will look for something more suitable. In regards to the cooler, I dont plan to over clock this system (I've done plenty of that in the past) and just wanted something a bit quieter than the stock cooler.

RJC

RJC

Don
Spec looks pretty good, are you planning on going crossfire later?

If no then the current psu will be fine, my i7 setup with 5850 in xfire pulls 478w full load from the mains.

Soldato
I would bump up to the OCZ 600W ModXStream PSU (only an extra £8).

The problem with the i5 set-up that 1337z0r suggested wouldn't support Crossfire as well (second slot is only x4) as the AMD.

Cooler will be absolutely fine for stock, will allow a mildish overclock as well.

I'd perhaps go with the NZXT Gamma case - though it's personal preference. I find the NZXT cases are built better than the cheaper Coolermasters.

To offset this, I'd drop the 965 down to a 955, then overclock (on stock voltages, I think you only have to increase the multiplier by 1) to the 965 levels.

Back
Top Bottom