Please help driving me mad now

Associate
I bought a now pretty old i suppose overclocked bundle as in my sig.

had a few problems along the way but has been rock solid 4.6 overclock nice and steady never missed a beat.

Until the other day i turned my pc on and its stuck at 3691, i changed nothing and did nothing.
I did some research many people having the same problem but i cannot for the life of me find a solution.

i have tried reverting the power options. going from high power to balenced ect ect i have tried to edit the advanced power options ie cpu- set it min cpu to 100% and max to 100% nothing, in the bios the settings are still there showing 4.6 when i boot into windows its 3691 according to cam software and cpuz, aida64.

i have tried the intel program to see if it is throttling or anything not one bit,tried the tests in ada64 still 3691.

Qould appreciate any help/advice

Permabanned
windows as nothing to do with the multiplyer that is bios and cpu controlled.

what have you changed?
have you updated to a newer bios?
have you added the micro code fix that intel is doing?

Associate
OP
windows as nothing to do with the multiplyer that is bios and cpu controlled.

what have you changed?
have you updated to a newer bios?
have you added the micro code fix that intel is doing?
no
no
no
lol as i said i have not changed anything, and like i said it is a very common problem.
i have tried to reset the bios to defaults rebooting, then going back into the bios and reapplying the overclock still nothing.
it happend before but for the life of me i cannot remember how i managed to fix it.

I did nothing the overclock was rock steady for erm at least 1 year i can remember and as i said i just turned on the computer and it was gone. people are saying its to do with the power saving options in windows 10 but i have tried to reset all profiles in that , i have tried going to balanced power/power saving then going back to high performance, then making sure the cpu i set correctly in the advanced settings and still its not working.

Permabanned
The windows/intel bug fix as know to force crash's and resets and that said it will be getting rid via a second windows update. It could be that windows as updated and locked out the oc untill a stable fix is found.

If the have a spear HDD or big usb stick try a fresh windows install on that and see if your of shows up.

Back
Top Bottom