please help me silence my htpc

im not familier with the pci-e but here my card here http://www.leadtek.com/3d_graphic/winfast_px6800le_tdh_2.html and it says it has pci-e. Going by the spec my card has 256mb of memory, the passive one for sale is 128, will this make much difference or should i stick to a 256mb card?

my motherboard says its
1 x AGP slot
5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)

does this mean my mother board supports pci-e, by the looks of things the gfx card is in the agp slot.

No, you board is only AGP. So either upgrade the board, or find a passive AGP card. Personally i think you should just buy an arctic cooler.

Logan09 said:
As somebody mentioned above Gigabyte also did (not sure if they're still doing it) a passive X800XL, which may be another one to look out for.

For more info:

6600GT - N66T128VP
X800XL - GV-RX80L256V

Im not sure if gigabyte still do their passive cards anymore but i got a spare passive x800 that would be more use to you than me - email me in trust if your interested

from what i have been informed my gfx card is an agp and my mobo does not support pci-e.

the leadtek card is not the 256mb retail version but a 128mb agp version which the previous owner bought bundled in an oc 'primo gamer' system.

so now im looking at either trying to find an agp passive cooled gfx card or just buy the artic cooler for my existing card. But as said above someone bought the artic cooler and still found it noisey and in the end bought a passive cooled card.

argh these things are never easy, i aint going to the trouble of changing my mobo ill just live without pci-e

Back
Top Bottom