Please Help! New PC build Advice.

Associate
Hi all,

Hoping some of your tech savvy guys can help me to build the best PC with my budget of around £2,750(ish)

- Open to Intel or AMD
- Primarily for gaming with browsing/basic other PC use.
- Looking for best performance (fps and graphically) for 4k gaming.
- To be future proof.

Thank you all in advance

Last edited:
Click my link ;) I promise the website isn't dodgy. Alternatively, YouTube:

Thanks Tetras, always see you helping people like myself out around here. Would you change or add anything if you could even it cost a little more?

Thanks Tetras, always see you helping people like myself out around here. Would you change or add anything if you could even it cost a little more?

No, it is fine. Though, a non-F CPU might be handy as a backup or testing GPU, since the F doesn't have one.

Last edited:
No, it is fine. Though, a non-F CPU might be handy as a backup or testing GPU, since the F doesn't have one.
Would the Artic Liquid Freezer II be a better option as a cooler within the system? Only asking as I will ve ordering to abroad so getting all the parts in one is easier.

Also I noticed the Gigabyte B70 is out of stock, is there any other good alternatives.

Thanks.

Would the Artic Liquid Freezer II be a better option as a cooler within the system?

You mean the AIO? It would work (if it fits in the case), but the cooler I suggested is cheaper.

Also I noticed the Gigabyte B70 is out of stock, is there any other good alternatives.

B760 DS3H DDR5: £150
B760 Tomahawk DDR5: £170
B760 Aorus Elite DDR5: £220

I expected someone else to give you an AM5 option, but since they have not:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £2,627.82 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

The 7700 non-X includes a cooler (wraith prism), or you can get the air cooler I suggested earlier (Thermalright Peerless Assassin).

Thanks Tetras, in terms of performance which would be better then out of the Intel and AMD you provided?

Gaming at 4K? I doubt you'd notice any difference between either spec.

AM5 is likely to have better upgrade potential in the future, but the 13700F would perform stronger in heavily multi-threaded apps.

Gaming at 4K? I doubt you'd notice any difference between either spec.

AM5 is likely to have better upgrade potential in the future, but the 13700F would perform stronger in heavily multi-threaded apps.
Thanks again.

Out of curiosity if I was able to financially upgrade to the i9 13900k would I need to change any of the intel cart or would I need to re-jiggle some pieces to ensure there's no bottlenecking/overheating going on?

Thanks again.

Out of curiosity if I was able to financially upgrade to the i9 13900k would I need to change any of the intel cart or would I need to re-jiggle some pieces to ensure there's no bottlenecking/overheating going on?
13900K will always benefit from the best cooling you can get. Something to bear in mind if that the AMD will generally run at lower Watts and temp so you could easily get away with the air cooler.

The one highlighted is an excellent choice

Last edited:
Thanks again.

The RAM is fine, but B boards aren't intended for K CPUs (they don't support overclocking) and as Noughtboy says, you'd need the best cooling you can get for a 13900K, though their gaming power draw isn't as excessive relative to their full multithreaded power draw (TPU's 13 game average was 143 watt, compared to 107 for the 13700K and 56 for the 7700).

An adjusted spec:

My basket at OcUK:

Total: £3,027.85 (includes delivery: £11.98)​

I wouldn't recommend this change just for a gaming PC.

The RAM is fine, but B boards aren't intended for K CPUs (they don't support overclocking) and as Noughtboy says, you'd need the best cooling you can get for a 13900K, though their gaming power draw isn't as excessive relative to their full multithreaded power draw (TPU's 13 game average was 143 watt, compared to 107 for the 13700K and 56 for the 7700).
So only about 2.55x the power draw of the 7700. Not excessive then :D

Although, granted it does have more cores etc. But still, the 13700k is almost double

So only about 2.55x the power draw of the 7700. Not excessive then :D

:D What I meant by isn't excessive is the gaming draw is manageable for a decent air cooler or entry-level AIO, but under full multithreaded load it can easily be double that. I think the 13700F will be better on power use than the K CPUs, but I don't have any reviews to prove that (and it would depend if the power limits were enabled, graphics card, resolution, etc).

:D What I meant by isn't excessive is the gaming draw is manageable for a decent air cooler or entry-level AIO, but under full multithreaded load it can easily be double that. I think the 13700F will be better on power use than the K CPUs, but I don't have any reviews to prove that (and it would depend if the power limits were enabled, graphics card, resolution, etc).
I reckon if time is the absolute priority, maybe get one of the Intel Space heaters for productivity. If your sanity, hydration and TCO )Total Cost of Ownership) is more important than saving 15 minutes a month or £50 on your power bill then AMD.

"You pays the piper, you call the tunes"

Thanks to both regarding the input. So Tetra just for clarification your saying the performance difference wouldn't be worth the cost? I'd be using around 80 percent for gaming btw.

I just thought the i9 13900k would be a little more future proof as well.

So Tetra just for clarification your saying the performance difference wouldn't be worth the cost? I'd be using around 80 percent for gaming btw.

The main difference between the 13700K and 13900K is 8 more E-Cores (16 in total), since they both have the same number of P-Cores. 8 P-Cores is plenty enough for gaming. You mainly see a benefit from the E-Cores in long-run multi-threaded tasks like Blender. I think it's very unlikely that in the life of the system those extra E-Cores will future proof a gaming PC and the few % difference between them in benchmarks will mean next to nothing in 5 years time. For your secondary use of browsing/basic desktop tasks, a 13700K is already overkill.

Man your a bundle of knowledge.

I'm almost thinking based off that then maybe I'm better dropping to an 4080 card since it wouldn't be as future proof as originally thought and save the money aside for the future.

Back
Top Bottom