• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Please help.

Soldato
Setup my rig but am getting 88 degrees running a 13900k while downlaoding games at steam.
I have an all in one cooler 360mm.
please help.
Remove the cooler and check paste. Clean, reapply and re attach the cooler. Don't do it up too tight.

Ensure the pump/cooler is actually plugged in and working.

Check fan speeds and temps.

Associate
Are you only seeing the temp increase when something network related is happening? What processes are running in task manager? Updates running? mining software possibly?
What cooler are you using? Is the motherboard left running auto voltages?

Soldato
Where/how are you reading the 88 degree temp? What software is reporting that? Get a second opinion from different software and see if it agrees. Try something like HWMonitor and/or CoreTemp (if that still exists).
Then keep the network cable unplugged for now and play some games or something, see if the behaviour remains when offline.

Associate
Is the heatsink using the correct mounting hardware for the socket?

ML360 Illusion says it needs some kind of accessory pack for lga1700, remember the old sockets were similar but with different CPU height so the mounting pressure would be low if the heatsink is mounted with the wrong hardware.

Associate
30% usage on the 13900k should not be at 88 degrees. I would guess the block isn't mounted correctly. If you remove the block is the paste evenly spread? How is it connected to the mb? Which header are you using?

Back
Top Bottom