Please say hello to.............

Soldato
My new son Frederik!

Well what a 24 hours I have just experienced. My baby boy got delivered by c-section last night at 20:04 after 2 days of induced labour starting and stopping. My missus was distraught yesterday morning as she was so tired, so we were offered a section. After a long deliberation we decided to have him brought out, though we did not know if it was going to be a boy or a girl. Got told to get ready at 5pm last night only to be told at half six that we may have to wait until this morning. Then suddenly at seven we got called down, by quarter past we were in theatre, and at about three minutes past eight I peeked round the screen to see a little head sticking out of my lady's tummy. :eek:

I got to tell her if it was a boy or a girl and I trimmed the cord and I also took this photo, whilst being in a state of dazed happiness.

He weighed in at 9lb on the button, though as you can see, his weight is in length, rather than girth.

Mummy and baby are doing fine and I have been sent home to get some sleep. I cannot really describe how I feel at the moment, it is like I am living in a dream. A really good dream. :)

py87h.jpg

Soldato
OP
Whats that on his belly button?

Congrats, wtf is that thing in his belly button!!

It is called the umbilical cord chaps. You all had one once upon a time. :D

Anyway, thanks all. The name, if anyone is bothered, came around after us both liking the name Freddie, but I then got worried in case he ever makes it big, in which case I don't think the name Freddie is a name with enough clout.

We then settled on Frederik, spelled as such as myself and the missus both have Scandinavian roots and both have Scandinavian first names.

Officially he is called Frederik, but to everyone that knows him he can be called Freddie (or Freddi, as my name finishes with the letter i). :)

Soldato
Congratulations.

Any story/meaning/reason behind the name?

Edit - Just saw your post above. Agree with you about Freddie, very young sounding name. Quite like Frederik, but then again I've been going on for the last month about how I'm naming my first born Fred.

Back
Top Bottom