Please spec a mini ITX / Micro Atx build

Associate
Hi

could you please help me spec a small form factor PC for a friend.

He is looking for something to replace the NUC he currently uses, uses is mainly for browsing and light gaming and basic cad work.

Budget - £500

Other info
  • Also happy to use integrated graphics (i might also be able to get hold of an old 750ti)
  • Not required - SSD / HDD
  • he also has one stick of Crucial CT8G4SFD824A 8 GB (DDR4, 2400 MT/s, PC4-19200, Dual Rank x8, SODIMM, 260-Pin)
  • He is also thinking of 3d printing him self a case :rolleyes:.. any one got experience of this ?

he wants something as small as possible, that he can mount under his desk.

i was thinking something along the lines of a 3400g, but unsure of the rest of the spec.

given the current situation are there any decent intel chips to look at ?

Soldato
3400g is good but availability is sparce.

Intel 10400 6 core with onboard graphics or could drop to a 10100 4 core with graphics.

ODE My basket at Overclockers UK:
Total: £451.17 (includes shipping: £12.30)​

Associate
OP
yes discussed another nuc , but most of the ones which are available are bundles with HDD & windows 10 which is a wasted £120+. Also for light gaming like AOE II DE i would not have thought they would cut the mustard.

is there an mini itx board you could recommend if he was to go with a 3400g assuming we can find it somewhere ?

thanks for the help :)

Soldato
yes discussed another nuc , but most of the ones which are available are bundles with HDD & windows 10 which is a wasted £120+. Also for light gaming like AOE II DE i would not have thought they would cut the mustard.
is there an mini itx board you could recommend if he was to go with a 3400g assuming we can find it somewhere ?

thanks for the help :)
B450i motherboard is what you want the only problem is bios versions wether it has the correct bios for the 3400g.

Top Bottom