Please vote for me :)

Soldato
OP
I appreciate the support knowledge but really don't worry about it - I've raised the issue briefly on twitter and the guy who runs it said that we were swapping places regularly with a few vote surges. They're clearly not concerned over any foul play so I'll take their word for it.

Soldato
That's a real shame because your pic is far better than the winning one which frankly I think it a rubbish pic. Ok the setting is lovely but there is no composition in the shot, the focus is poor, there is nothing of interest in it at all.

Yours is a great pic and if I had taken it I would feel like a winner just for being able to say I'd taken it, it's great!!!

Soldato
OP
Thanks Valve.
I can appreciate what you're saying in that the winning photograph is just a snapshot taken out of a plane window, but I guess the voters weren't looking for a technically impressive photography, rather a "pretty" photograph - which is perfectly acceptable. It was my first ever photo competition entry so to place second is nice. However in the future I think I'll be more selective over the ones I enter to ensure that the judges or voters are on the same level...

Soldato
Thanks Valve.
I can appreciate what you're saying in that the winning photograph is just a snapshot taken out of a plane window, but I guess the voters weren't looking for a technically impressive photography, rather a "pretty" photograph - which is perfectly acceptable. It was my first ever photo competition entry so to place second is nice. However in the future I think I'll be more selective over the ones I enter to ensure that the judges or voters are on the same level...

Personally I don't think the winning pic is even pretty, I find it annoying to look at because there is clearly a lovely bay there but it's not in shot and the whole thing feels really awkward!

Congrats on second and know that really, your was by far the better shot!

Back
Top Bottom