Plex Nine

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

You don't realise how many times I've checked their homepage to see when this was coming! :D

EDIT: Plex app out for iPhone too!

Associate
Awesome piece of free software :)

Really good app on the iphone and ipad as well, worth the £2.99 they are charging for it.

Cheers

Soldato
Updated to the new version earlier ... really not liking the media presentation aspect in the new version.

Previously I had a source defined which was a share on my NAS which I could then browse and select a file to play. Now I have added that share into the media manager to be indexed but in the main interface I just get a list of files in a random order :(

Admittedly I haven't played with it very much yet (probably <10mins) ...

Associate
OP
Yeah, it takes a while to index. Once media manager has index it all gets a lot more organised. There are still quite a few bugs to iron out too.

The idea behind this release was to de-couple your library from the interface. Think having one plex media manager in your house then all plex's being able to access that same data.

Soldato
Yeah, it takes a while to index. Once media manager has index it all gets a lot more organised. There are still quite a few bugs to iron out too.

The idea behind this release was to de-couple your library from the interface. Think having one plex media manager in your house then all plex's being able to access that same data.

I don't have an issue with doing the splitting of the functionality ... I just don't like the way it's handling the files.

It finished indexing earlier ... for some reason it's made a complete pigs ear of indexing the files. Although it's a bit better than it was it has taken a structure of the form:

Summer 2010\Show\episode xx.mkv

where there are about, say, 8 or 9 shows as subdirectories, and just listed

Summer 2010\Season 1\episode xx.mkv

with Season 1 and Season 2 being the only ones existing (and there only being those two equating to only two of the shows under there ...)

Associate
OP
They're not ok!

I don't have any film posters or information other than the name of the film.

When trying to fix wrong data nothing works!

Give it a couple of weeks while they hammer out some bugs and the traffic to scraping sites decreases.

The release of this caused TVDB to fall to it's knees.

Deleted member 651465

D

Deleted member 651465

None of my media was found. Joy of joys :o

Added the 4 directories where my media is kept, and left it chug through overnight. Woke up and not a single film had been found in the media manager. Disappointed to say the least. Plex 8 finds every file with no hiccups (see my media centre thread).

Worst part was I wiped Plex 8 (with my skins) off using AppZapper to make sure this install/upgrade went smoothly, but really all it has done is screw my set up for the foreseeable future.

I do like the way the media manager is separate now, but it's pretty pointless if you can't import your files.

Soldato
Well had a bit of a further play this evening ... and got a bit further.

Adding a new item into Media Manager which was pointed at the Summer 2010 directory then correctly indexed the directory structure under there so it appear that it didn't like my existing directory layout ... bit of a pain, I liked the ability to just browse from before, but I'm upgrading the NAS disks soon so I can adjust layouts then.

edit:
fromplexforum said:
You can manually browse files, just press c (or hold down the menu button on the Apple remote) in video plug-ins menu and add source...

Anyone know a way of getting fanart/posters working for TV shows at the moment though. I assume that with thetvdb.com blocking nothing will come down automatically so I tried dropping a poster.jpg etc into the folder with the media files and doing various refresh infos etc but it's not being picked up.

Last edited:
Soldato
Anyone know a way of getting fanart/posters working for TV shows at the moment though. I assume that with thetvdb.com blocking nothing will come down automatically so I tried dropping a poster.jpg etc into the folder with the media files and doing various refresh infos etc but it's not being picked up.

you could add your own in plex 8 but not looked in to it in 9,

i have noticed that with my tv shows that are appearing (18 out of 80+) that the only episodes in the tv series that show up are specials or ones that are named different to how the rest are name, ie all of them are name 101,102,103 etc but the specials are named s00e01 and so on which is BS wish tvdb would hurry up and sort it

Back
Top Bottom