Plug extensions that you can cable tie?

Soldato
Probably left this a little late for a weekend job but since building my new desk I realised that all of my plug extensions are a little old and past it. I have the steel (like this) underneath the worktop to stop it sagging, so I'd like to tidy up my cables and find some nice surge-protected plug extensions that I can cable-tie to the steel underneath. Anyone know of any off-hand before I go off trawling the interwebz? :) I'm sure I've seen some before that have a little mounting "bracket" for cable-tying.

Soldato
OP
it - but there a cable company in St Helen’s that sell them -very good value!
Does the name begin with Barbie and ___? :p

Also, any reason not to get a 12 way? Maybe get two 6 ways so they run off different sockets perhaps. Can you tell I know nothing about electricals? :p

Soldato
OP
Just wondering if anyone had any thoughts on whether to get eg two 6 ways rather than a single 12 way? :confused:

Also, any reason not to get a 12 way? Maybe get two 6 ways so they run off different sockets perhaps. Can you tell I know nothing about electricals? :p

Soldato
OP
How come some of the mounting "ears" are at the front - flush with the front of the sockets. And some are flush with the back of the PDU?

I want to get two 6-way PDUs but the mounting ears are flush with the front which would make it difficult to cable-tie to my desk steel. Can you move them around? :confused:

Soldato
OP
Mainly because they are designed to be put into a comms rack. Front ears are to mount forward facing in front of cabinet, and rear ears are to mount forward facing in rear of cabinet.
Yeah I figured as much. There does look to be screwed holding the ears on, reckon they can be reversed or is that wishful thinking?
Just be careful with a 12 way one, can obviously be very easy to overload the socket. Make sure you add up the load you're plugging into it to keep it under 13amps/3000watts
Yeah, I think I'd rather split into two 6-ways just to be safe. I'm sure I wouldn't overload it mind.

Back
Top Bottom