Plumbing question

Associate
I have a small problem with the plumbing in the kitchen of my flat.

Currently the kitchen is a bare room, and I am soom going to start putting the kitchen in. However, I have a roblem witht he wast pipe running behing where the oven will go.

The pipe is a 42mm pipe, but there is only about 30mm gap behind the oven to the wall.

i know you can get 32mm pipe, which I could make fit by digging it into the plaster, which is quite think, but was wondering if there was a better solution, or if reducing the size of the pipe would cause any problems.

It's only about 70cm bit of pipe I would need to be smaller.

So, before I shell out on getting a plumber round, does anyone have any ideas, or suggestions other than replacing that section of pipe with 32mm pipe?

Thanks!

Associate
Can you not run the pipe through the wall nearer to the sink rather than reducing the size, as this will cause problems with blockages etc....

Associate
OP
Ak!ta said:
Can you not run the pipe through the wall nearer to the sink rather than reducing the size, as this will cause problems with blockages etc....

No. 2nd floor flat. The main waste pipe runs down in the corner of the room furthest away from the window, which is where the sink is. The waste pipe has to go there. There are no other options for it to go anywhere (unless I decide to flood downstairs.....)

Associate
In that case, i would chase the wall to fit the pipe in behind the cooker...
You only have a few options realy, route pipework outside, chase wall, or if you fancy the idea - move the cooker and or sink...

Back
Top Bottom