Plus Net Hub One unboxing pics

Soldato
I received this router today, do i still need the seperate Openreach modem? Will the engineer being one when he comes to switch me over to fiber?

No you don't need the seperate Openreach modem, this is a modem/router in one. Plusnet are switching over to self-install so you might not be getting an engineer visit, did they not tell you?

Soldato
No you don't need the seperate Openreach modem, this is a modem/router in one. Plusnet are switching over to self-install so you might not be getting an engineer visit, did they not tell you?

No i wasn't, i assume i still need to wait for an engineer to switch me to fiber? Will that mean i have to buy a openreach modem or can the engineer supply one? I chose to use my own router when i ordered fiber but i still ended up receiving a router.

Soldato
My engineer from Kellys Communication (They called this afternoon to confirm the appointment) is coming tomorrow to move me onto Fibre.

I asked, "Is it a self install?" the woman replied "No, the engineer will need to come into your house"

...I have in my possession a Plusnet Hub One router, and the old Plusnet FTTC router that requires the OpenReach Modem!

I think I'll ask the engineer to leave me a Huawei unit so I can have a play, he can also fit me a MK3 faceplate ;)

Soldato
My engineer from Kellys Communication (They called this afternoon to confirm the appointment) is coming tomorrow to move me onto Fibre.

I asked, "Is it a self install?" the woman replied "No, the engineer will need to come into your house"

...I have in my possession a Plusnet Hub One router, and the old Plusnet FTTC router that requires the OpenReach Modem!

I think I'll ask the engineer to leave me a Huawei unit so I can have a play, he can also fit me a MK3 faceplate ;)

Btw if you received a Hub One router you won't get an openreach modem as the unit already has an ADSL and VDSL modem built-in. I asked plusnet about this and was told engineers no longer carry them as openreach are no longer wanting to supply them, instead the provider has to supply a router/modem combo.

Last edited:
Soldato
So are plus net stopping supplying the separate open reach modem now? I always preferred that as it meant less faff when using my own router.

I only had mine fitted (with a mk3 socket) a couple of months ago and got separate modem and router.

Last edited:
Soldato

Good luck with Kelly's, they have a reputation for being useless and that proved true when my original switch over date was done by a Kelly's guy and he cocked it up, had to wait 5 days for an actual Openreach engineer to come and do it properly.

Soldato
So are plus net stopping supplying the separate open reach modem now? I always preferred that as it meant less faff when using my own router.

I only had mine fitted (with a mk3 socket) a couple of months ago and got separate modem and router.

Yup.

Just ordered a HG612 (Openreach modem) from the popular auction site. No way i'm using their hunk of junk. :p

Soldato

Yup.

Just ordered a HG612 (Openreach modem) from the popular auction site. No way i'm using their hunk of junk. :p

Plusnet have never supplied the modem, it's Openreach that supplies the modem and they are stopping the engineer installs and modems, that's why Plusnet are doing the all-in-one hub, it's the same for all ISP's.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.ph...l-date-for-fttc-installs-with-vdsl-modem.html

Soldato
The engineer has been, a nice lad from Kellys who I couldn't fault!

He couldn't leave me a Modem, he only had ECI units and said he'd get in trouble as Plusnet would get charged, I did however end up with a MK3 faceplate :D

Here are my new speeds! - The upload is a little slow, but I'm expected that to change as Plusnet update the line profiles.

I'm 550 metres from the cabinet, so I can't complain :)

Back
Top Bottom