Poached Eggs

Caporegime
My pseudo-Ramsay issue with the above Instagram post is that they aren't technically poached, they are boiled :p

I slide the eggs in from a ramekin when the water temperature is around 75 deg C, if the eggs are a little old then we use a ring mould / scone cutter to make sure they stay put.

Yeah I agree, I've seen a similar video where it isn't boiled. But definitely using a bowl/something to enter it in was the turning point for me to making better poached eggs.

Associate
Boil a kettle poor in to a pot or wok, crack eggs dump them in, turn on heat just enough to keep hot never had a problem regardless of how old the eggs were

Associate
Call me uncultured but I like packet chicken noodle soup you make up with water. Now when it's nearing its full cooking time..I'll throw an egg in to poach...extra protein & a poached egg covered in flavour. You're welcome lol.

Caporegime
Call me uncultured but I like packet chicken noodle soup you make up with water. Now when it's nearing its full cooking time..I'll throw an egg in to poach...extra protein & a poached egg covered in flavour. You're welcome lol.
Are you talking about the Knorr packet soup?

I blimmin love that stuff, and the Florida spring vegetable one

Back
Top Bottom