Pogba - Can he kick it?

Permabanned
"Pogba is joint 127th (with Charlie Adam, among others) for key passes per 90 across Europe among players to have featured in more than ten league games."

Nobody but the most blindly myopic Utd fan would say he is doing well. Still, he is young and there are glimpses of quality.

Caporegime
Pogba has been gash relative to his transfer fee so far, anyone who says otherwise is blinkered.

He can be anonymous at times and goes missing completely in big games. £89 million is a joke, he isn't even worth half that (with respect to his ability on the pitch).

He has shown glimpses of promise but really when a player comes in for that sort of price you have to expect him to be dominating games, doing things to win games etc etc, he isn't close to doing that.

Caporegime
Yep check out how after every draw or defeat Utd fans are blaming Pogba and saying he played bad....oh wait. No they're actually mostly praising of him. Perhaps because they realise he's quality? It's only opposition fans who are dismissive of him on here, which tells you a lot.

Caporegime
Lol this thread is epically hilarious due to shami's mini meltdown over Pogba :p.

I remember how much Ozil was slated in his first season but thankfully we didn't pay 90mill for him lol.

Just to reiterate Ozil is still rubbish, only had last season as a pretty decent one but this season been utter rubbish.

Caporegime
Yep check out how after every draw or defeat Utd fans are blaming Pogba and saying he played bad....oh wait. No they're actually mostly praising of him. Perhaps because they realise he's quality? It's only opposition fans who are dismissive of him on here, which tells you a lot.

I believe that's called bias. Your bias in fact, go onto the Red Cafe forum and read what other United fans are saying about his performances.

Quite interesting that you look at it that way, take those red and white undercracks off for a second and you'll see he has been average at best, and poor at worst.

I'm not even an opposition fan, my team isn't even in the PL. I just know average (to this point) when I see it, and can claim as such without feeling like i'm slating my own team.

Last edited:
Soldato

Dont visit redcafe a lot then?

The biggest united forum have a thread dedicated to his poor mentality and another saying he's floundering and how they can get the best out of him.

Caporegime
Dont visit redcafe a lot then?

The biggest united forum have a thread dedicated to his poor mentality and another saying he's floundering and how they can get the best out of him.

I said on here, not on that collection of ingrates. You can find people who have any opinion. Some people thought Ibra would flop. I'm sorry but 90% of the criticism of Pogba is jealousy. There is a reason most of it is coming from opposition fans. You can't use bias as an excuse. Plenty are happy to state that Fellaini was a waste of money, Rojo was a waste of money. Why aren't we defending those then?

Soldato
[QUOTE="Shamikebab, post: 30612133, member: 48406"]I said on here, not on that collection of ingrates. You can find people who have any opinion. Some people thought Ibra would flop. I'm sorry but 90% of the criticism of Pogba is jealousy. There is a reason most of it is coming from opposition fans. You can't use bias as an excuse. Plenty are happy to state that Fellaini was a waste of money, Rojo was a waste of money. Why aren't we defending those then?[/QUOTE]

No you didn't. the lads on United we Stand slate him as well...you know some of the guys that go home and away?

Soldato
The lads who run UWS arent dumb in the slightest mate. Ste Armstrong has been watching United for donkeys home and away...i reckon their opinion is pretty valid.

Oh a lot comes from opposition fans because you know...thats what opposition fans do...

Caporegime
Jealousy? Oh aye, i'm sure Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City or Spurs fans are real jealous of Pogbas performances this season. Fact is he wouldn't get into any of those teams.

I'm jealous, sure, but that's because Pogba would probably do a job in the Championship. He's certainly better than Jason Lowe.

Soldato
He's certainly shown glimpses of quality with great balls to Ibra, beating a couple of players in the middle of the park etc. but he doesn't dominate games from midfield like I think he should. It doesn't seem to be his game to demand the ball all the time and make the team tick, which could have a huge effect, he sort of drifts in and out of games with the occasional bit of quality now and again.

For a £90m player, and the hype that was around him, I'm not sure how you couldn't expect more than he's provided?

Don
As a lot of pundits have said, he looks like a player searching for his position and I think that's as much to do with him not knowing his game well enough as much as it is Mourinho not knowing what to do with him. He clearly has ability and imo, it's the fact that he has that allround ability that's holding him back.

It might not be the best example as Gerrard dominated and influenced games far more often than Pogba has but it reminds me slighty of Gerrard in his early years - nobody, including Gerrard himself knew where to get the best out of him. Even to this day if you asked Gerrard he'd say he was an all action box to box midfielder where he had freedom to go anywhere and do anything and tbf, he was great there but his best 3 seasons of his career probably came when he was given a clear position and role in the side - 2005/06 when he played as a right sided attacking mid, 2008/09 when he played behind Torres and 13/14 when he played as a deep lying playmaker. In his early years, much like Pogba now, he was given the freedom to do and be anything and he wasn't making the most of his ability.

Soldato
I agree with a lot of people here in that he's shown at times he's got ability, theres a lot of players out there like that though. He hasnt lived up to the 90m price tag but the price is skewing things. Utd had to pay over the odds to get him, if he was 60m, a few more clubs would have taken a punt i feel. Has he lived up to a 60m player though? No, i dont think so. He needs to run more i think, i know it sounds daft, i dont think hes lazy though, im not sure what position he's being asked to play but he needs to use his physicality more, driving from the middle 3rd and creating space. He is young though, got excellent technique and he's a mutant. The ball is in his court, lets see if he becomes a boss

Associate
United fan here.

Can't say I'm not a little disappointed in Pogba so far this season. There's been some games where he has looked like a school child and been abysmal but then there have been times where he's shown what he can be capable of.

I just hope it's the first season and he needs to find his feet until he can constantly provide and shine.

Personally, not worth the £90M so far, but he's got a load of time ahead of him.

Soldato
It's funny when you criticise pogba to Man UTd fans, they always start talking about marketability crap and shirt sales. :p

They didn't buy him for that price for his footballing abilities, As you say they paid that price for marketing the crap out of him :D.

For a player that cost 90m he's definitely not shown his worth.

Back
Top Bottom