Poll: Poll: Do you store glasses and mugs rim down or rim up?

Do you store glasses and cups rim up or down.

• Rim up

Votes: 195 57.7%
  • Rim down

Votes: 103 30.5%
  • Who cares

Votes: 40 11.8%

• Total voters
Caporegime
One of life's great conundrums to ponder at 3am after your child comes in and jumps on your balls, and prompted by one of the images in the 'I have my own bar' thread...

Do you store drinking vessels upright or upside down, and why?

Simple poll if possible please mods.

Caporegime
por_qu_no_los_dos.png

Man of Honour
At about 60 degrees because I'm a weirdo :) Actually, it's because that's my estimate of the angle that mugs hand on a mug tree. Which I don't use any more, but never mind.

Usually, I store them rim down because I'm told to. That's how it's done in a bar and almost all the drinking vessels I put away are glasses in a bar. Maybe it's more hygienic. I don't know. Probably is in that context because the glasses are on smooth plastic spacer mesh that's frequently sterilised and put on shelves that are frequently sterilised.

Man of Honour
A lot of people put them rim down in my experience.

Our glasses have ended up rim up while mugs rim down due to an odd one where after washing however well dried if the glasses were immediately put rim down you could taste the washing up liquid faintly when drinking from them (which was nasty) while for some reason the mugs didn't exhibit that - since getting a dishwasher that problem no longer happens but out of habit they've remained that way around. (Also didn't happen if the glasses were left upright for 2-3 hours before putting them away).

Never could figure that one out.

Soldato
Because the part of the glass you drink from is more hygienic when pressed against a shelf that probably hasn’t been washed for months? :p
This. Not sure exactly what people expect to gather in a glass when it's stored upright in a cupboard and taken out and used frequently? :confused:

tnx

tnx

Associate
I have the big mugs upside down with the smaller ones sitting on top the right way up.

There must be nearly twenty mugs/cups in my cupboard but I always use the same one every time I have a coffee.

Back
Top Bottom