Poll: ** The official Apple TV 4K thread (the 2021 model has a new remote and everything!) **

Are you buying the 4K Apple TV?

• Yes

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • No

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • Not at the moment, maybe later

Votes: 55 33.3%

• Total voters
Associate
OP
81_E6_EB7_C-_C682-4491-_A493-_BDAEBD343_D7_A.jpg

Someone received their Apple TV today and it it seems like the Apple TV does support 24hz.

Soldato
Mine arrived today but unless I’m missing something it’s either always 4K HDR or No HDR ? I cannot get it to switch between HDR modes and non HDR modes without manually setting it every time...

Surely this cannot be right and I’m missing something ?

Soldato
Nope just read it scales and outputs everything in 4K HDR even SDR stuff it has no auto switching at all which tbh is really really crap. It means all non 4K HDR content looks crap unless you manually set it to output 1080 SDR.

What an awful way of doing things and tbh it makes it a bit pointless as I don’t want to be manually adjusting the settings every time I want to watch a different format....

Sort it out Apple.......

Soldato
The HDR thing is intentional as some tvs apparently take a few seconds to switch HDR on and off - never noticed this on my tv though. I expect an auto mode will get added if enough people moan.

4k itunes movies do look great on though and US itune movies work without a VPN - lots of cheap digital copies about over there - got Alien Covenant for £4...

Associate
OP
The HDR thing is intentional as some tvs apparently take a few seconds to switch HDR on and off - never noticed this on my tv though. I expect an auto mode will get added if enough people moan.

4k itunes movies do look great on though and US itune movies work without a VPN - lots of cheap digital copies about over there - got Alien Covenant for £4...

Yep-my iTunes movie collection is all US based and I have about 70 odd films that have been given a free UHD upgrade. Good times.

Back
Top Bottom