• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Soldato
Chaps, fairly new to Xs ownership, and one thing is really bugging me. The screen quite often just stays on!

I can pick up the phone to wake it, the screen comes on, then put it back down, but the screen doesn't turn off. I've also experienced this with notifications too, it wakes up the screen but then doesn't go back to sleep.

Any ideas? or is this still a common bug?

Soldato
Try Settings -> Display and Brightness - > Auto Lock

I think it also detects when you're looking at it, so if you stand there with it pointed at your face it won't turn off :D

Soldato
Well I've just noticed that in the auto lock settings, it says that if attention is detected, it does not dim the display.

WHY!? So if I look at the phone and put it back down, it will never turn off?!

But even if I just wake up the phone (power button), and not be anywhere near it (so it hasn't detected a face), it just stays on.

Soldato
Just had a look.

If i unlock my phone and put it out of sight of my face (lucky thing) it dims the screen after 20 seconds and turns off the display after 30.

is yours just staying on indefinitely?

Soldato
Change the setting I mentioned in my last post, it disables that feature and removes that notice.

If you're not looking, it will still turn off though, just got to give it enough time.

It should only stay on when actually looking at it.

Soldato
Yeah as pointed out, it's £25 for the repair of the screen. Much better than the £326 for the repair if no apple care.

Annoyingly enough, it actually costs more to replace the back of the phone than the screen. I broke the back on my X when I was out on a run and that cost £75 to replace through Apple Care as they replace the entire phone.

Associate
2019 iPhone rumours.
Looks like Apple is going back to fragmenting their line up even further.

Seems like the "Max/Plus" model will getting a Triple Camera system this year, whilst the 5.8" remains dual.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/11/18178185/iphone-11-rumor-2019-triple-camera-system

I'd just like to see them dial back the pricing, or at least give you/make it seem like you're getting more bang for your buck.
Theres no excuse a £1000 phone should not include a fast charger, headphone dongle and have 128GB as base storage.

Caporegime
2019 iPhone rumours.
Looks like Apple is going back to fragmenting their line up even further.

Seems like the "Max/Plus" model will getting a Triple Camera system this year, whilst the 5.8" remains dual.
https://www.theverge.com/2019/1/11/18178185/iphone-11-rumor-2019-triple-camera-system

I'd just like to see them dial back the pricing, or at least give you/make it seem like you're getting more bang for your buck.
Theres no excuse a £1000 phone should not include a fast charger, headphone dongle and have 128GB as base storage.

At some point Apple are going to have to address the value of their phones. I get the high pricing creates a fake prestige element (aspirational pricing) but I think if may have gone too far.

I left Apple after owning multiple handsets/iPads simply due to the poor value compared with what Xiaomi are turning out at a third or quarter of the price. I suspect Apple will be feeling the pinch of their pricing this round, with them refusing to release sales figures and cutting production.

They aren't innovating enough to charge the prices as they stand.

Back
Top Bottom