• iPhone XS Max - 512Gb

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • iPhone XR - 64Gb

Votes: 27 5.7%
  • iPhone XR - 128Gb

Votes: 32 6.8%
  • iPhone XR - 512Gb

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Too expensive,, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 107 22.7%
  • Not interested, I won't be getting one.

Votes: 122 25.8%

• Total voters
Commissario
83IFAvY.png

kH4NQN3.png

OK folks, you know the drill, which 2018 iPhone are you getting?

I'm giving it a miss again this year - My iPhone 7Plus is still going strong and with the new battery, I'm happy I'll get another year out of it.

Commissario
OP
Really hoping this years models don’t scratch as easily as last year, my 7 screen scratches like no tomorrow and verge said the same about last years X.
I guess it all depends on how well you look after your kit. My 7Plus doesn't have any marks on it and I don't use a case or screen protector.

Commissario
OP
If I were buying this, I'd be going for the Max version. I'm getting to the age now where sometimes I'm squinting at the screen trying to read it. Slightly larger text would be a bonus :D

Commissario
OP
So tomorrow’s the big day! I assume we’ll be getting dispatch notifications today ready for delivery tomorrow!

Edit:
Just been looking looking at my order and it still just stays ‘order received’. Also I never had any choice over delivery types when ordering and I’ve noticed that the default delivery type normally is 3-5 days. How annoying will that be
You'll be fine.

Commissario
OP
I had a look at the Max in a local Apple shop today. Although I said earlier that I'd probably keep my 7Plus for another year, I'm not so sure now. The size is perfect and that screen was gorgeous.

Commissario
OP
Going back to earlier iterations of the iPhone, it wasn't uncommon for brand new phones to have a yellow tinge which cleared after a few days. I seem to remember it was something due to the bonding process which took a while to go off. I had one like that once and after less than a week, it was perfectly OK. I don't know if that's still the case.

Commissario
OP
Does that come with a fast charger?
Actually it looks like it doesn't support fast charging
10W FAST WIRELESS CHARGER MODES】ONLY supports Galaxy S9+, S9, Note 8, S8, S8+, S7, S7 Edge, S6 Edge+, Note 5,Google Pixel 3, Pixel 3 XL with QC 3.0 AC ADAPTER(NOT INCLUDED) (NOTE: Galaxy S9+ and S9 OEM AC adapter CANNOT SUPPORT fast wireless charging)【STANDARD WIRELESS CHARGING MODES】Works with XS/XR/XS Max/X/8/8 Plus
I'm not too concerned about 'fast' charging, this is to sit on my desk in the office.

Commissario
OP
On the latter point, it appears cheaper to fly to the US (about £220 in December) and enjoy a few 'Merican beers and return with an XR than it is to buy on here due to our tax rate.
Don't forget that the USA prices don't include sales tax. I doubt that the actual price over there is £220 cheaper than here.

Back
Top Bottom